HP seem right to you???

-
It also depends what brand of Dyno it was too. Some will give you big 'magazine' numbers every time. Others claim extreme accuracy at the expense of your ego. I worked in a shop with a Mustang brand chassis dyno, and we almost made guys cry every week.

You've been there? They seemed pretty cool to me. A little pricey (285.00 dyno, labor, and they opened the carb to fix the secondaries) but I finally got the piece of mind I needed with the way its running. I called yesterday and asked how much they would charge for a rebuild street/strip style and quoted me 6500.00. thats about the time i thanked them and hung up. As far a 360 goes, I've been keeping my eye out for them on craigslist but the jobs gotta come through first.

OK so the Dart wasn't running so great so I took it to a local speed shop to put on the dyno. They ran a few runs, adjusted the timing along with a few other things, and in the end had her running pristine!!!! I look over at the monitor and low and behold, 158 HP!!!!! WTF?????? Granted its a stock motor minus a Holley carb and Weiand intake but still 158 HP with 213 Torque?

Does this seem right to anyone? Because, I almost cried.

It's running a lot better. Be happy. Like one person said, it wheel dyno was used to tune it. Look at the percentage and HP gain, rather than the raw numbers.

-
Back