hughes rockers

-

slowdown

Reaction score
Has anyone here assembled these rockers? I've been following the picture that comes with the set that says la style heads I have rhs heads but they are shaft mount so I guess this is the picture I should be following. The picture has line pointing to where the shims should be places but it says 15 and 30 shims as required. Does this mean I need to put one of each where the lines are pointing? And none where there isn't a line. Theres a diagram of it on the hughes adjustable 1.5 rocker page but I don't know how to put it on here.

Need to do a dry run, mount the assembly onto the head.
Need to make sure the rocker is centered on the valve stem.
Insert the shims where needed to center the rocker over the stem.
They can be placed between the hold downs or the rocker or the spacer.
I inserted mine & drawed a image of the shaft, rockers, hold downs, & spacers.
Where ever it needed shims. I drawed a line to that point & listed the number of shims to install.

Need to do a dry run, mount the assembly onto the head.
Need to make sure the rocker is centered on the valve stem.
Insert the shims where needed to center the rocker over the stem.
They can be placed between the hold downs or the rocker or the spacer.
I inserted mine & drawed a image of the shaft, rockers, hold downs, & spacers.
Where ever it needed shims. I drawed a line to that point & listed the number of shims to install.
Thanks.

I did up a set years ago, as foggy memory comes around it was something like this: Hughes gives you a spec of how much side clearance they want between each set of rockers between the hold downs with the rollers centered on the valve stem. Trim the hold downs, add shims to get the rockers where they need to be. Once you get the rockers centered and properly shimmed for clearance mark everything for order and orientation for that inevitable dis-assembly for cleaning in the future. Each assembly is also head specific.

Hope this helps.

they take a little work but its worth it:blob:

what about the side clearances? Is there a feeler gauge thickness or something it's supposed to be. Or just not to tight so they can still move up and down freely, without sticking.

According to the instructions I downloaded from Hughes, total side clearance between a pair of rockers is 0.005-0.015"

-
Back