hughes rockers

-

torkflight

Reaction score
want to get the hughes shaft mounted rockers for the 360 magnum engine I am doing for my son's duster, I am running rhs indy x heads, rocker bolt mounting holes are 5/16, is this what the hughes kit comes with? didn't see anywhere that it say's the size, if so how much spring pressure is to much for a 5/16 bolt? hughes say's currently out of stock, is there anywhere else to get these rockers or is there another brand that works good, will be running right around 550 lift cam.

I think Crane had a setup, not positive though. I'd call up Hughes and see what the turn around time is.

not sure on the spring pressure, however the hughes looks very similar to the harland sharp rockers. Might want to look at them. I run the non adjustables on my magnum motor which has a .528/.538 lift cam in it with mopar .600 lift springs.

Harland Sharp makes both 1.6 and 1.7 adjustable and non adjustable.

You can use the Ford Motorsports 1.7 kit which was supplied by Crane. IIRC the only difference between that kit and the MP (also supplied by Crane) was the pushrods.

Basically, any 5.0 Ford Windsor pedestal mount (bolt on) roller rockers will work.

want to get the hughes shaft mounted rockers for the 360 magnum engine I am doing for my son's duster, I am running rhs indy x heads, rocker bolt mounting holes are 5/16, is this what the hughes kit comes with? didn't see anywhere that it say's the size, if so how much spring pressure is to much for a 5/16 bolt? hughes say's currently out of stock, is there anywhere else to get these rockers or is there another brand that works good, will be running right around 550 lift cam.

After having several emails back and forth with Hughes today I will say their customer service is better than any other company I've dealt with so far. Send them an email and you will have a response before lunch tomorrow.

I will call them tomorrow, I am wanting to run the hughes rockers because I really like how they are shaft mounted

I am also waiting for the shaft magnum roller rockers....going to use their kit for the aluminium eddy magnum head....shaft mounted ones....not the stud ones..

I emailed them last week and asked went they would be in stock....never got a reply

Well I've used other brands of rockers because of price only To be disappointed in the past the Hughes rocker I had finally bought were the best thing I ever did. No more re adjusting after every run, pushrods stay put the have excellent geometry on them . so for the extra bucks they are worth waiting for. We are running two different sets and very rarely do they need adjusting on our small block pulling engines

-
Back