Hughes Stainless Steel Magnum rockers

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about Hughes rockers in general but haven't found much about their stainless steel rockers for Magnum heads in particular. I was confused at first because I didn't see in pictures any adjusting screw on the pushrod side, then I read the instructions from their site saying it's all done by the hold-down "nut" and the little allen screw that holds them in place. I'm assuming with these in order to get proper geometry at the needed valve lash/preload the pushrod length is extra important?

I don't have any experience with roller rockers and still have stock stamped rockers on my Magnum-headed LA 360, at $345 these seem like a good value. Not looking to put these on anytime soon though just wanna get a better understanding.

those magnum head rockers are like a chevy...stud mounted...the adjustment is made with the adjuster and jam nut assembly that bolts on to the stud...

that magnum 5.9l motor as the v10 8.0l uses ford or amc type rocker assemblies , but there mopar of course . which use a bolt to hold the rocker in place riding on a rocker block . so like ford you adjust ride clearances by modifing from bolt to adjustable stud . standard stock type ones have no adjustments , as the bar loaded rocker assembly your thinking of b , rb , la , l , poly , hemi . no need for hyd street cams , just the solids cams had adjustments . hope i made a picture for you . and on cams , think roller like the magnum , todays oil does not like big lifts and scuffing parts . you can bag the lifters and gear from the magnum as well . many cam companies offer one or more grinds , if not my cam guy can develop you a grind you'd like . spiro jenneys of red line cams here on the left coast in san jose , ca . he could regrind your stick if there is enough matl on it to work with . if not he cam custom gring a blank for you . oh and remenber the rockers on the magnum motor gets oiled through the pushrods , no bars to bring it up to . pm

Ok never worked on a chevy before (guess that's a good thing? Lol). I get you pomonamissel, my engine has the small 256/262 hyd. voodoo cam in it now (LA block with Magnum heads). I'm thinking of going with a longer-duration Crane stick but shouldn't need roller rockers ("maybe some day"). One of those things that would be cool to have but no real reason to, got plenty of other things to put my money towards in this car before the engine needs attention. Thx for the info guys.

-
Back