• 11"
  • 2500 Stall
  • 27-Spline
  • 10" Bolt Circle
  • Uses 5/16" Flexplate Bolts
$310.18
Ships Today

FREE Shipping
  • If you find a Company with a lower advertised price on the same item we will match it
  • Just give us the total "To Your Door" delivered price including all shipping & Handling Charges
  • Quick Price Match Confirmation and immediate processing
How to Price Match $ + $ = $
Skip Price Match
Add to Wish List
★★★★★ ★★★★★
for the small block Mopar. anyone used these before?
good or bad results?
sorry about title typo.. couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:
I put that exact converter in a buddies 440 powered Challenger. Works good but like Woods74 said they seem to be tighter than specified. Bills 440 doesn't have a real big cam so it has a lot of torque and it stalls 2400 with this converter. Their real well built converters but if I were you I'd call them and tell them exactly what you have and have them build a custom converter just for your engine/car that way you get the stall you want, not 300 rpm less, or more. Price is usually the same either way

I put that exact converter in a buddies 440 powered Challenger. Works good but like Woods74 said they seem to be tighter than specified. Bills 440 doesn't have a real big cam so it has a lot of torque and it stalls 2400 with this converter. Their real well built converters but if I were you I'd call them and tell them exactly what you have and have them build a custom converter just for your engine/car that way you get the stall you want, not 300 rpm less, or more. Price is usually the same either way
Go with a 10 inch not an 11.Just went through this. You would not believe the difference in performance between the two .Call paul at turbo action

so what is the big difference between 10" and 11" any why, I have a **** stock one in now, is carp, burned up. trans toast. building a new transmission, using GOOD parts in it!!! that is why I'm looking into converters. want to do it only once. what do you guys mean by tight? slip is bad on trans builds too much heat, and kills fuel mileage. want to apply when driving down road/freeway, and not slipping burning things up, that is what happened to the a999 l/up that was in car, and couldn't cut the mustard to the new engine. @ 300-350 hp, never dynode.

When I said tight I meant they don't stall as much as their advertised at. If you look at my next to last sentence I explained it. Just because a converter is advertised to stall 2500 that doesn't mean it will. Off the shelf converters are a crap shoot on what they'll actually stall because there are so many variables that affect what a converter stalls.

Why not go custom? My custom built PTC was 160 bucks more than that. And it's just that. Custom built to your exact specs. Mine is 9 1/2 inch. 3000 stall. Wound tighter for street.

Torque converters are one area you see great results if you go custom.

Why not go custom? My custom built PTC was 160 bucks more than that. And it's just that. Custom built to your exact specs. Mine is 9 1/2 inch. 3000 stall. Wound tighter for street.

Torque converters are one area you see great results if you go custom.
mine is a 3500 hughs. altho I don`t have much time on it yet, it`s pretty loose for a 3500 !

called Paul form turbo action today, he going to e-mail ne price quote for the 10" @ 2800 rpm tight converter for street. does require special flex plate, and bolts, # 19802st. anyone used this?

called Paul form turbo action today, he going to e-mail ne price quote for the 10" @ 2800 rpm tight converter for street. does require special flex plate, and bolts, # 19802st. anyone used this?
I just put a 10'' inch stall in from him a couple of weeks ago.I can tell it has a stall when i take off driving normal on street.But i am running a 323 gear he suggested a 355 . You can not tell it has one when on the highway .I could not be happier with it.He is a real nice guy and i highly recommend him and his product.

I run that turbo action 10" on my street strip 67 Dart Magnum 360. Drives normal on the street until you put your foot into it, converter flashes and your gone. I'm happy I bought from Paul.

well, I have a 3.50 gear 28" tall 275/60/15 rear tire, a high compression 318 with 340 purple cam, #302 high compression swirl port heads, still small valves for street velocity. compression near 9.5-10.0 /1 ratio.. that sounds very nice to have against this little runner... want to run good for street, haul *** when floored. plus the full ratchet action shifting will help with that. looking into maybe a cheetah valve body kit form him too.. or any other suggestions on kits. plan on killing the gt mustang down the street when its ready...

I run that turbo action 10" on my street strip 67 Dart Magnum 360. Drives normal on the street until you put your foot into it, converter flashes and your gone. I'm happy I bought from Paul.
Have a 3200 10 " Turbo Action ,in the wings..Your combos close to mine,whats the action & street ability like?

Don't believe the advertised stall speed on any converter. Ask what is the torque input to get that stall. Good example is my slant six car. 9 1/2 inch converter, stalls 3,000 rpm with my 170 cid engine. Change engine to a 225 cid, Everythng else the same, and stall went to 3900 rpm.

well, I have a 3.50 gear 28" tall 275/60/15 rear tire, a high compression 318 with 340 purple cam, #302 high compression swirl port heads, still small valves for street velocity. compression near 9.5-10.0 /1 ratio.. that sounds very nice to have against this little runner... want to run good for street, haul *** when floored. plus the full ratchet action shifting will help with that. looking into maybe a cheetah valve body kit form him too.. or any other suggestions on kits. plan on killing the gt mustang down the street when its ready...
Yes! Eat A Ford and poop a chevie

Hughes Performance 27-25 - Hughes Performance Street Master Torque Converters

512-27-25.jpg

512-27-25.jpg
512-27-25_1.jpg

JEGS Part Number: 512-27-25
Street Master Torque Converter
  • 1968-On Chrysler A904 Torqueflite 6
  • 11"
  • 2500 Stall
  • 27-Spline
  • 10" Bolt Circle
  • Uses 5/16" Flexplate Bolts
$310.18
Ships Today

FREE Shipping
  • If you find a Company with a lower advertised price on the same item we will match it
  • Just give us the total "To Your Door" delivered price including all shipping & Handling Charges
  • Quick Price Match Confirmation and immediate processing
How to Price Match $ + $ = $
Skip Price Match
Add to Wish List
★★★★★ ★★★★★
for the small block Mopar. anyone used these before?
good or bad results?
sorry about title typo.. couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Contact Hughes directly. They should have a spec sheet on their site. Fill in the sheet Honestly and see what they recommend. To get the proper converter for YOUR application, it is in your best interest to contact a converter builder directly. Guys at the parts stores may not have the experience necessary to get you the proper converter. They are good in other areas, but from what I've seen converters not so.
JMHO after a lot of years in the industry.

I know all about budgets, but don't let price be your main guide. You get what you pay for.

-
Back