Hummm what do we have here????

-

swifter

Reaction score
looks like custom pistons from diamond for a 5.7???

Attachments

• 100_2574.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 100_2575.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 470
those spark plug clearances? Might make for an interesting flame flow no?

i like! What CR do those net? You going with ported eagle or 5.7 heads?

After some research I was told to stay away from the eagle heads,So I had Indy do There CNC program to them and up-dated to the bigger valves and now my engine builder is port matching the inakes to my XV manifold and polishing the bowls and gasket matching the exhaust ports (rounding then out) . After the block work-(main studs,head studs,Boring It came out to 400cid that's why the custom pistons and Diamond was the ONLY piston supplier that approved ANY nitrous shot i want to throw at it,So I should get it back next week then on to stuffing her back in the duster. When it is all said and done it will be at 11 to 1 comp. Allen also is looking into removing some of the material on both sides of the plugs to open up the chambers a little,They came in at 82cc and he wants to get them to 85-87 cc--Steve

Wouldn't that increase the chamber volume and therefore lower the compression? Askin' cause I don't know.

Gotta love car ****.

What negative things did you hear about the Eagle heads? Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

Considering your final displacement a set of ported 5.7 Heads should flow more than enough. Even with just a little cleanup they easily flow 300 CFM, so a nicely ported set like the ones you've described should be excellent. Show some pics of the beautiful naked ported ports.

What did the final bore come out to? My guess is 3.960" or about a .040" overbore. Did you go with the 4.050 Crank or the 4.080?

Have you chosen a cam?

Keep us updated on your progress.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

How much did that set you back????? looks bad ***.................

Nicely done. However I have to disagree with you about the eagle heads. They out flow any pre 09 5.7 head hand down.

You right Jason--My bad I was thinking the patriot heads--I was wrong about the eagle's, Joe--The cam was a custom grind from Comp.Can pass on the cut if you want it,We went with the 4.050 stroke from callies with the callies rods.Can't send a pic of the ports,The engine is all together and I'm going to pick it up on sat!!!!! YIPPIE

Dodge74---Complete build on motor with machining,Pistons,crank,Rods,gaskets,Clevite bearings,Head and main studs,Labor to assemble was $4700.00 also Allen the builder said this was a easy build because there was very little block clearance to be done for this build-He told me when he does chevy strokers it takes alot to block clearance chevy blocks for stroker kits.

Yes 5.7 he wanted to pull compression down a little due to the fact that I spray the motor,Last year on the stock motor I was shooting a 100hp shot of nitrous and when he disassembled the motor there was NO signs what so ever of damage from the nitrous,So I'll start with a 150hp shot on the New forged motor,Diamond told Allen this pistons can handle a 400hp shot of nitrous all day long,But I'm not going there,The 100 shot was a head jerker So the 150 should be a blast!!!

Who built it? I'd like to do a forged 5.7 (9.5) cr on my charger and turbo it. Kinda on a budget after this dart build though... Lol

Allen--Here in a little town in Wis. He builds 1500hp turbo boat motors for mercury marine during the day and has a complete engine building business the rest of his time.He calls himself revolution motor building in campbellsport Wis. --I thought it was a VERY fair price,He had to buy torque plates for the motor so now he's good to go,He also builds ton's of 410 sprint car motors,He never was a mopar guy but between me and a buddie he has built 6 mopar motors now--SO we are converting him--LOL--

Sounds like a great motor, thanks for the build info.

Like the fact that the 4.050 stroke requires so little material to clearance the stroke.

Are you going to dyno the motor?

Should we start a pool on the over/under HP rating?

My guess 575 HP all motor.

I think $4700.00 is a very fair price considering all the parts and machine work.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

uscg---Had them cnc'd at Indy--Did you guy's catch the Article in Mopar muscle on the 5.7 head dyno numbers??? Hint Hint those are the heads I bought after the dyno session I had talked to Russ at the Indy show this winter about what kind of deal he could give me on the 5.7 heads and these came up so I dropped some cash and now they are on top of my motor-----Also if you guy's decide to go with a big lobe cam--Watch your push rod length,The ones Indy sent with the heads were wrong for the cam we went with but would have worked with a stock cam.

Joe---Will let you know--It will go to a chassis dyno,not a engine dyno--our goal was 500 to the tire,Allen say's it'll be close but no promises,He said 450-475 for sure but we will see!!!!!!! I'm waiting on my custom Carb from biggs,Will be here this week meanwhile I'm putting the alum flywheel and the dual disc clutch together as we speak.Then I have to get it to the exhaust guy to up-date to a 3in system out the back.

Joe---your right on the money with the block clearance--Allen was impressed with how LITTLE clearancing he had to do on the block-He is used to hours of grinding on the chevy blocks to clearance them--Steve

Thanks,

Sounds like a really nice motor. I like the thought of a high lift cam buzzing 600HP at 7000 RPM.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Swifter,

On my 5.7 based stroker I had in my Charger it made 450rwhp but it also had 6.1 ported heads, ported 6.1 intake, custom cam (small) however I was the fastest 5.7 based stroker in the country for a long time running 11.4 in a 4300lb charger. I expect yours to produce similar numbers on the dyno but obviously way better at the track.

Let's see the Dart should be at least a 1000 lbs. lighter than a late model Charger; hmmm, can you say mid 10s on the motor.

150 shot of NOS, could be knocking on the nines.

Hey swifter, you better spark up your welder, I see a cage in your future. :D

:burnout:

I can hardly wait to see Swifter's post of a time-slip.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks Guy's but remember it's a four speed and when I get to the track it will be my first virgin experience going down the track,So We'll see what happens its just nice to know and have confidence that the insides are all forged and it was put together with care and quality--Steve

You will be a 4 speed banging pro in no time.. go out there and own it bro.

Thanks Guy's but remember it's a four speed and when I get to the track it will be my first virgin experience going down the track,So We'll see what happens its just nice to know and have confidence that the insides are all forged and it was put together with care and quality--Steve

Have a ball and don't "cane" the car - You'll be an addict in no time :burnout:

-
Back