Hump location ,where to put it??

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
:help: I'm going from column auto to the floor 4 speed in my Duster. Problem.... I need to buy (Anybody got one for sale) and install "the Hump" but have know idea where to mount it. I want to mount it prior to painting and before I drop in my tranny and engine, so placement eludes me. Is there a measurement someone could give me or location diagram that I could use???

I can help with console brackets and their locations but I've never owned a manual trans A-body. I'd like to borrow a hump just for reproduction purposes.

if you buy a repro you can match up the factory seams
also measure shifter deot from crossmember and that will give you cenet of shifter hole
i have a picture but dont know how to post it
mike

if you buy a repro you can match up the factory seams
also measure shifter deot from crossmember and that will give you cenet of shifter hole
i have a picture but dont know how to post it
mike
Set yourself up as user @ photobucket.com
upload the pics from your computer to there.
Below each pic will be img code
copy and paste that here.

I bought the sheetmetal from the Paddock for $90.

I cut a small hole and lined the shifter up in the center of the new sheetmetal, marked it, removed to finish cutting the floor out, then welded it in

Here a picture, when you get the floor hump and lay it on the floor you will pretty know were it goes.

hey, just wondering if you got a hold of brad harms in sd, he might have four speed parts too,but not for sure for a body, he mostly has b and e body stuff.

Passion or Brewers should have any 4 speed parts you need.

and like I said get the hump and lay it on the floor. You will know were it goes from the way it fiits, about 2" from the floor pan seam.

hey, just wondering if you got a hold of brad harms in sd, he might have four speed parts too,but not for sure for a body, he mostly has b and e body stuff.

Yes I did call Brad and he said he'd fix me up with a 4 speed when he got back from his snowmobiling. He was heading over to West Yellowstone or Livingston,Mt area I think. Should here from him soon. MUCH THANKS for the contact...!!!!!

Yes I did call Brad and he said he'd fix me up with a 4 speed when he got back from his snowmobiling. He was heading over to West Yellowstone or Livingston,Mt area I think. Should here from him soon. MUCH THANKS for the contact...!!!!!

good, glad to help, yeah he was loading up snowmobile equipment and getting his arctic cat ready when we were out there last weekend. good luck on the conversion

-
Back