Hunting for a 340 short block motor

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fresh short blocks built to your specs. Many 68-71 dated blocks to choose from. Located in Maine. Any particular date?

Ok i get ya.. How much you looking for a 68 340.. Motor with the heads rockers. Rods and lifters, water pump and oil pan ? Don't' need the manafold carb headers starter ect call me i will be going to memphis in late sept would like to pick it up then if possable thanks ralph 201 970 7148

Ok i get ya.. How much you looking for a 68 340.. Motor with the heads rockers. Rods and lifters, water pump and oil pan ? Don't' need the manafold carb headers starter ect call me i will be going to memphis in late sept would like to pick it up then if possable thanks ralph 201 970 7148
PM sent

I've got a fresh 72 340 long block with oil pan, oil pump, pickup and water pump. The intake and carb in the picture have been sold so they aren't included. If you're interested, let me know and I can give you more details on the build.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• 72 340 engine.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 206
No problem Ralph. I can take the heads off. That's easy. And if you wanted the engine, bring your heads, intake, valve train, gaskets, etc and I'll put it all together for you.

Ken

? I need the whole motor.. It has to be a 340 short block with heads water pump oil pan ect.. See i don't want to change k member in the car the 340 should just drop in everything should line up like the bellhousing shaft ect, . Everything i have on the 273 will go on the 340 short block. Like the manafold carb starter alt

The short block is just the block, crank, pistons and rods. A long block has the heads installed. If you take the intake and carb off the 340 in the picture, that would be a long block with the pan, front cover, balancer and oil pan added to it. What you might be looking for is a long block so that your intake, brackets, etc will bolt right on. You'll also need the early type water pump and front timing cover and balancer so that the lower radiator hose will be compatible with your radiator and all your brackets and pulleys will line up. That's an easy change. Unless of course you've already got a new (70 or 71 and up) style front cover and balancer. Also keep in mind that the 273 intake manifold ports will be a bit smaller than the cyllinder head ports of a 340 engine. It's still going to work but there will be a port mis-match.

Ken

Short block = block, pistons, rods, and bearings

Long block = short block with heads, oil pump, cam and lifters

complete engine = long block with tin, water pump and housing, and intake

Tin = oil pan and valve covers

I second that .. thanks physixx/dustergal..physixx let's talk about that 72 340 you have 201 970 7148 i am intrested thanks

Short block = block, pistons, rods, and bearings

Long block = short block with heads, oil pump, cam and lifters

complete engine = long block with tin, water pump and housing, and intake

Tin = oil pan and valve covers
again clearing up the long short block confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back