Hunting season around the corner, any crossbow guys here?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
If so, what are you using, and how do you like it?

I am in the market for a good quality X-bow.(NOT compound bow.)

i was watching some youtube videos of some nice kills with the excalibur series bows.
They look like nice machines.

little vid to get the blood pumping.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt9pUraM4u4&NR=1"]YouTube- Lumenok shots[/ame]

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks Spaz. I shot a Bowtec compound. I planted 6 acres of corn spiked with soybeans and milo. Very dry and hot enough to cook an egg. Corn crop didn't do well at all. Deer are eating the soybeans off as soon as they spring up. The milo is coming on an dheading out. Been placing out feed with my special mix ever since last fall trying to make some horns. My mix is listed below.
50# milo
50# feed wheat
50# chops(corn)
50# oats
50# rice bran
10# 26% milk replacer
4# calcium carbonate
1/2 # pig crave ( MSG- flavor inhancer)
I mix it all together in a mortor tub and put it back in the sack and carry it to the feeder as needed. The feeders are 8" sewer pipe with a 5 gal. bucket lid screwed to the bottom so as to let the ffed lay on it. I hope i have made some horns but only time will tell. I haven't set out any cameras yet but i guess i need to. Looking forward to this season. I've got to get my spices for the summer sausage ready and the jerky seasoning. If you guys want the name and address of the spice guy i use just let me know. Same guy supplies all the base camps in the rockies. Also supplies Ceasars Palace with their spices. I'm ready.
Small Block

Pulled the trail cam today after about 3 weeks...got 1200 + pictures..these were at the location of my tree stand.

trail cam1 7-10.JPG

When do i need to be there GT?
Small Block

Season opens the first week of October....I will be in Biloxi, Ms though...We were pleasantly surprised when we saw these on the camera. We had seen the 6 point behind the barn but hadn't seen the two big guys until we fetched the camera back in.

I got my new toy- the excalibur exocet 200.

Got it sighted and splitting arrows at 40 yards.

Link for some info.
What a great machine, and consistent just like they say it is.

I got a group of 7 bolts (arrows) literally in the same 1" space and split one bolt -shattered it and decided I was dialed in tight.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalog/crossbow/exocet_200
I traded my smith-wesson .500 magnum revolver for it.

To tell you the truth the magnum was cool, but this is much more fun.

The excalibur website above has alot of really great video clips that will answer ever question you could ever think about when it comes to crossbows, seriously, check it out you will see.

-
Back