Hurricane Earl

-

yhzrt

Reaction score
Who all is has been or is going to be effected by this storm? I'm in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Earl is about 130kms off shore right now and some places around here are already without power. It is supposed to make landfall just outside of Halifax now!! Hope everyone is safe and prepared!

Good Luck with that, hope you and everyone else on the trail of that "Bad Boy" make out OK.

Totally missed Connecticut. We didn't get so much as a drop of rain.

Here in NH they were doing the best to scare the smoof out of us over this thing, turns out a little rain and no wind to speak of was all we got.

Nothing to see here. -LY

we aren't really getting any more winds then we would in the winter, don't know why they are trying to over rate it!

we aren't really getting any more winds then we would in the winter, don't know why they are trying to over rate it!

Because sensationalism brings in viewers, which brings in advertising dollars.

Glad to hear its not beating on you too bad. I would loan you my generator but you would have to come get it. DD

Everyone made a big deal about it on the news, i think it rained for 10 minutes and its slightly windy. I don't know what the local news was making such a fuss about.

Because sensationalism brings in viewers, which brings in advertising dollars.

...which brings in herds of idiots to supermarkets for cases of crap like it's the end of the world.

Shut the TV people. You'll be a lot better off for it!

...which brings in herds of idiots to supermarkets for cases of crap like it's the end of the world.

Shut the TV people. You'll be a lot better off for it!

Amen to that!

Funny, since I DVR everything, I'm hearing the gloomy predictions while watching the perfect sunny weather outside.

Everyone made a big deal about it on the news, i think it rained for 10 minutes and its slightly windy. I don't know what the local news was making such a fuss about.

The rain came in waves like the ocean waves on a beach. Sometimes it came down for 10 mins, sometimes it came down for 40 min.'s. Sometimes heavy, sometimes light. But on and off all day it was.

Pretty well all over here now. Just some winds. Power is out to alot of people, Halifax got hit pretty good too. A lot of big old trees in the city. Other than that things seem alright. Didn't last very long. Good to hear everyone escaped it alright!

Only a few little showers here in PA... and wind but it's not horrible. Kinda chilly though.

No bad here..cleaned up everything..put the legs down on the rig..still blowing now but we didn't lose power..lost to screens that fell off the house and broke..no bad..waiting for the temp to drop...tooo hot here..

Grassy

I don't think our weather in PA has anything to do with Earl though... just a crappy day, haha,

-
Back