Hurst competition plus installation kit a body

-

RAYS 69 MOPAR

Reaction score
Did Hurst ever make a competition plus installation kit for the a body and if so what is the part number? And does anyone know where I could obtain one used or new

I talk to Hurst said they didn't have one
And Brewers only has stock replacement said they made I'm wondering if there is a difference between the stock ones and the competition plus ones

10-4. Im not sure if rods n tabs are different
I dont think so.
I just refreshed an old thread of mine about the Plus shifter

To put my Hurst competition plus in my GTS I had to cut a slot in the brace that is attached to the floor for one of the rods. It was part of the installation instructions.

oem hurst shifters used different type of connection from rod to trans brackets and shifter body arms , i also see a different length reverse arms , oem ones is longer to drop the rod below the mount cross member . and the handles attach different , plus bolts on handles , oem dropped in a slot .

Check out this company on EBay, they may have what you need: HURST Shifter Components, Flowmaster Exhaust items in hurst-shifters store on eBay!

Here is an example: HURST Mopar 4 Speed Street Super Shifter Install Kit 3738617 A Body 373-8617 | eBay

I've never bought from this company, but they offer a lot more parts for Hurst shifters than most so I keep them bookmarked just in case.

I bought and mocked up the above Hurst kit (bought off e-bay) ....a little pricy @ around $279....but not bad. it included the aluminum block, spacers, and hardware to utilize my old Comp Plus shifter. The rods are straight compared to the OEM. I am going to sleeve them to replicate the original Super Shifter III rods.

I bought and mocked up the above Hurst kit (bought off e-bay) ....a little pricy @ around $279....but not bad. it included the aluminum block, spacers, and hardware to utilize my old Comp Plus shifter. The rods are straight compared to the OEM. I am going to sleeve them to replicate the original Super Shifter III rods.[/QUOTE

Hi that kit comes with bushing That go. Between the handle and the aluminum spacer could you tell me how thick they are ?

hemidenny , i've been cutting the rods and sleeving then with thick wall tubing , too get strong rods to what shifter i'm using . here is a pic of a long tall od with my rods and bracket for an a body . you can see how short the reverse shifter arm is on this comp/plus . still need to finish weld them up .

DSC08298.JPG

DSC08299.JPG

DSC08300.JPG

DSC08301.JPG

DSC08302.JPG

DSC08303.JPG

DSC08304.JPG

hemidenny , i've been cutting the rods and sleeving then with thick wall tubing , too get strong rods to what shifter i'm using . here is a pic of a long tall od with my rods and bracket for an a body . you can see how short the reverse shifter arm is on this comp/plus . still need to finish weld them up .

View attachment 1714989979

View attachment 1714989980

View attachment 1714989981

View attachment 1714989982

View attachment 1714989983

View attachment 1714989984

View attachment 1714989985

Is your front linkage on upside down?.......if not, maybe mine is

no the od flips 3-4 , the standard gear package has them all up , lol . had to look , make sure i didn't screw it up , lol .

I didn't realize it was an OD trans....my bad.

I did not even notice the aluminum case.

hemidenny , keep both eyes open , please . i think i said that it was an od trans , i did , what did you think i have a long tall od dog or cat . got some bob talled cats , no more dogs though , lol . hey on another note , i looked at this h code 69 formula s cuda , cut for tubes twenty plus years ago , there took all the rear section of frame and floor wheel houses and rear seat set up from the rear foot well back was cut out and replace with narrow *** frame rails and ladderbars and leaf spring still , caged , cut up front inner fender wells . no motor/trans or brakes , seats , dash shell , no good trim or grilles , rusted chrome bumpers , a rolling basket case . no rust showing on the body . guy wants 3500 for it . whats your thoughts on this ride . your duster has had major floor and rear frame mods .

thumbnail_20160715_113426.jpg

-
Back