Hurst Equipped Emblem ?

-

draginmopars

Reaction score
Where is the emblem positioned on the 4-speed Darts?

s-l225.jpg

Im not sure but I dont think that emblem was ever used as an original emblem. I bought on just like that and I positioned it on my glove box door. Heres a pic
DSCN0390.JPG

I like it there and the autographs add to it in my opinion!
Im sure someone will jump in here and let us know for sure.
Rod

I was thinking
the area on the right front fender, about where the 71-72 swingers emblem mounts
mine is a 70 .
painting the car soon, rather drill holes before paint.

011_zpspcaaaxak.JPG

Always remember that its your car so you can out it anywhere that you think it will look good! Some purists may not like whatever you decide but i wouldnt let that sway whatever your decision will be.
As for the emblem mine was just a stick on mount. Where did you find ones with studs that need to be drilled to mount?
Rod

Never original to any mopar.

Don't think it original to any car.

The hurst oldsmobiles had the hurst emblems on the glove box from the factory. Not sure if they were anywhere else on the car or not. If I remember they changed designs over the years. I think the last one was in the early 80's. Im not sure if all years had them but many did.
Ive never owned a hurst olds but someone here on this forum i'll bet did. Hope to hear from them.
Rod

The hurst oldsmobiles had the hurst emblems on the glove box from the factory. Not sure if they were anywhere else on the car or not. If I remember they changed designs over the years. I think the last one was in the early 80's. Im not sure if all years had them but many did.
Ive never owned a hurst olds but someone here on this forum i'll bet did. Hope to hear from them.
Rod

Yes they had hurst emblems, just not that particular large rectangular one on the '72 and older hurst olds and 300-H.

Maybe later ones.

A Yellow FY1 bumble-bee striped '70 340 Swinger 4spd stands plenty on its own.

Doesn't need extra badging. It's speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Are those metal?

The one on my toolbox is plastic, stick on tape.

Are those metal?

The one on my toolbox is plastic, stick on tape.
Also I push the reply button which brings up a quote which gives you a notice that I've quoted you and you can answer a question that I've asked? I'm assuming you were asking me that question?

Also I push the reply button which brings up a quote which gives you a notice that I've quoted you and you can answer a question that I've asked? I'm assuming you were asking me that question?

Just in general but yeah asking you too

Interesting Thread. YEARS ago when I didn't have any cash, there was a Mom and Pop auto parts store, LONG before chain auto parts stores. I found 2 of these Metal Hurst Emblems for sale. They sold them with shifter handles, knobs, boots, etc. I could not afford to buy them both so I bought 1. Years later my friend in VA wanted to make a copy of mine, so he cast it in bronze or brass, not sure. He gave me 2 of them to get engraved and then Chromed if I wanted. A couple of years later the plastic ones you see now came on the market and now the smaller ones also. These are all shown in the picture below, from bottom to top. Notice the original emblem on the bottom has a different font than the plastic emblem and the smaller one has different colors.

Hurst Emblems.JPG

-
Back