Hurst Floor Shifter Q's

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
Hey my buddy an i where going to get some floor shifters for are cars,both Hurst Pistol grip,we where wondering what one to get Forward or reverse patterns?Im not to sure if it matters :scratch: there both going to be used on on stock 904 an 350TH trannys,im thinking the ones we need are the forward ones right?
mike

The reverse patterns are for trans that have a reverse manual valve body. So the answer would be yes you need the forward pattern. If you ever change the valve body to a reverse manual, they usually see a reverse gate plate you can change in the shifter.

hurst and b@m dont have the correct gating for the chrysler trannies. they never seem to adjust properly. most of that has to do with the wide throw of park on gm trannies.........get a turbo action, there made especialy for ford, mopar, and gm............dont waste your money! :D

While I agree that the SCS is a great shifter Im pretty sure the Q-stick has seperate part numbers for each tranny. Not a one size fits all deal like the Megashifter.

:scratch:

I would think the rear entry cable would work good. You wouldnt have to wrap it around the tranny,crossmember and exhaust.

But they still dont use the big *** morse cable.

ya they hav there own number for it,where just going to go ahead an get them,the forward ones,an the tranny that i hav now will work with the forward,the other 904 im going to run in a few months has a rev.VB in it,my dad said its fine to run a forward,when he had the 904 in his duster he had the Q stick forward,well its still in the car an the patten is forward so im thinking i can get away with running the forward with both stock an modded trannys'

I have the front exit stick and it works excellent. reverse pattern vb also.
f647a90e.jpg

hurst and b@m dont have the correct gating for the chrysler trannies. they never seem to adjust properly. most of that has to do with the wide throw of park on gm trannies.........get a turbo action, there made especialy for ford, mopar, and gm............dont waste your money!

Now you tell me this... I bought a Megashifter a few weeks ago for my Dart. It's not hooked up yet, but it looks good sitting in the console. Several people told me they work fine. :scratch:

I had an awfull time getting my Megashifter adjusted. Others have had better luck.

fastbackcuda said:
I had an awfull time getting my Megashifter adjusted. Others have had better luck.
It's not just you Adam .I had a Helluva time with mine also, it never really worked like I wanted it too. I like the Hurst though.

I run a B&M Street Stick (not even manufactured any more!) and I've had no problem adjusting it. Front exit, forward pattern. Ratchet shifting, like the Mega, but not big and bulky like the Mega. :thumleft:

-
Back