Hurst quarter stick adjustment

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ive got a hurst quarter stick. Ive played around with adjustment. I cant seem to get it to catch Park all the time. The instructions say to adjust with both trans and shifter in Neutral. Just curious if someone could walk me though how they adjust theirs? Maybe im missing something. Do you normal leave it on stands and start it up and run though gears or what?

any input? My adjuster is just about to the end of my threaded rod coming off my cable so I just be off somewhere.

you can move the cable where the two jam nuts are on the bracket...will get you move thread on the end

i put the trans and shifter in neutral....make sure the swivel moves in n out easy...might need 1 turn either way....

then i shift into 1st....then again..make sure the swivel moves in n out....

I generally do that also in 2nd gear also...by then you should be pretty much adjusted..

park....the parking paw gets to catch....

Hurst helpline - ONE, 800, 544, 4761 I'm having trouble typing in phone numbers without Skype crap popping up. I had trouble with a Hurst shifter and they helped me out. The tech gave me different instructions other than what the manual or the website offered.

tony thank you. thats what i have been seeing is people doing it several ways regardless of what the instructions on particular manufacturer say. something else i want to check while the collector is of is slop in the lever that attaches to trans

I had alittle trouble getting mine adjusted aswell. My problem was that the dowel or peg deal at the end of the shifter cable was about a 1/8 to small for the hole in the leaver on the transmission so there was alittle bit of slop. My dad has a rubber grommet assortment so I took one that best fit and cut one end off of it and pressed it into the hole in the shift leaver on the transmission and so far it has worked fine. I have my fingers crossed. Lol

-
Back