HVH Super Sucker On 360 Magnum

-

pjc360

Reaction score
Is anybody running an Hvh super sucker spacer on a 360 magnum? If so did you notice a reasonable gain in performance? I am considering trying one, but I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to gain me anything. So thought I'd ask if there are guys here running one on a carbed 360 magnum?

Some have gained a little performance.but if its the ones upward of a hundred dollars they are not worth it...

The spacer is 75 bucks plus shipping so ya basically 100 dollar spacer. I am running a 1 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer right now and I feel it helps with torque down low. Been told the super sucker will help even more.
I guess all I can do is muster up the courage to buy one and slap it on and see what it does.

There are a lot of "it depends". Carb size, jetting, intake, overall combo. I haven't done back-to-backs, but I run a phenolic version from Canton and like it. Anytime you change ANYTHING, you may have to change jetting and/or squirters to optimize the "combo". Typically, an open spacer would need more jet and squirt to make up for the extra plenum volume. A four-hole can increase signal strength, but it also increases plenum volume. A Super Sucker/tapered 4-hole is in between. Something to think about.

well my engine is a 300hp crate 360 magnum that my father bought brand new from mopar in 2002. This engine has around 15 to 20 thousand miles on it tops. Intake manifold is the Mopar Performance Dual Plane M1, Carburetor is a Quick fuel Super street series 680cfm vaccum secondary carb. My jetting is 64 main 74 secondary. I did notice I had to increase the accelerator pump nozzle size when running this spacer. My jetting is based on being 4000 feet above sea level where I live. Quick fuel told me that it was jetted for sea level and to go down 1 jet size for every 1000 feet in elevation.

I also have Long tube Hedman Hedders 1 5/8 primary tube diameter and I have dual exhaust of 2 1/4 inch pipe with An H pipe installed before the mufflers. Mufflers are just glass packs but they don't neck down inside like most glass packs they have a 3 inch inside diameter. So I think I am good in the exhaust department. for ignition I have a crane cams hi-6 cd ignition with a crane cams lx91 coil. Plug wires are taylor thundervolt 8.2mm wires. Distributer is a mopar unit I bouht from don at fbo systems and my initial timing is 16 degrees with a total of 34 all in by 2800-3000 rpm roughly. I have have the timing all in a little late because this engine is in a 4x4 truck with a 4 inch suspension lift and 33 inch tires and 3.55 gears with an A-518 tranny. I plan to have some 4.56 gears installed and when I do I will send the distributer back to don and have him set it to where my timing is all inn a little soon. But he told me since I have big tires and tall gears having it come in around 2800 to 3000 rpm would be best. I just don't know how well tapered 4 hole spacers do on carbed 360 magnums because I have never tried one and that's why I'm asking If I should try one or not. Was hoping someone here has tried them on carbed 360 magnums.

ya I can try a 2 inch 4 hole phenolc spacer for around 30 dollars. And I have been doing more reading and found out that the tapered 4 hole spacers show gains when the carburetor is too small for the engine because it enhances flow. I don't think a 680 cfm quick fuel is too small for a mild 360 magnum. Do you?

do you think i'll notice better throttle response and more low to mid range torque by trying a 2 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer? I have read the taller the 4 hole spacer the more low to mid range torque you gain. Which I think rings true because I went from 1/2 inch 4 hole to a 1 inch 4 hole and I deffenetly notied better throttle response and low to mid range torque. I can get a 2 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer for 25 bucks with 2 gaskets. I'm thinking what the hell that's not much money to drop and if it's worth some extra torque then that'd be cool. I'm in a 4x4 truck so I can use all the torque I can get. I don't care about high rpm horse power.

Well I bought a 2 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer, bolted it on and my engine responded big time to it. it pulls so much harder now from about 1500 to 4000 rpm. And my top end power feels the same.

-
Back