Hyd Roller Lifter question

-

slimjim

Reaction score
Hey guys so I purchased the Howard hydraulic roller lifter set for my 91' 360 from Summit. I'm also running the comp cams 280HR extreme energy cam. Upon installing my lifters, I realized that the stock skeleton frame/lifter retainer does not fit with the upgraded lifters. Is this a big deal? Do I need to have this installed to prevent unnecessary movement of the lifters? I'd like to get moving with the build at least to the point where the internals aren't exposed. the plans are for a 365ci with edie heads, rpm air gap intake, 750cfm demon, forged probe pistons, scat I beams, and stock crank. Everything is studded and ready for 450 horses.

Aren't those lifters retro fit and have the tie bar connecting the pair? If so, I think you just do away with the stock spider.

Aren't those lifters retro fit and have the tie bar connecting the pair? If so, I think you just do away with the stock spider.

As stated...If your Howard lifters have tie bars...you do not use spider and dog bones...

You could have saved a few dollars by using the OEM hydraulic roller lifter instead of the retro fit....

Yes they do have the tie bars. I was told these particular lifters worked really well and would fit my application so that's why I went with them. Thanks for the info regarding the spider guys

-
Back