Hydraulic lifter ?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Engine, 67 273 with lunati hydraulic cam & lifters & stock adjustable rockers. When adjusting valves to zero lash + 1/2 turn, I can feel the plunger movement on some lifters & the plunger feels rock solid on some of them. Is this normal? Just go to top of plunger movement +1/2 turn, run until pumped up and re-adjust?

Engine, 67 273 with lunati hydraulic cam & lifters & stock adjustable rockers. When adjusting valves to zero lash + 1/2 turn, I can feel the plunger movement on some lifters & the plunger feels rock solid on some of them. Is this normal? Just go to top of plunger movement +1/2 turn, run until pumped up and re-adjust?
it's normal, just set zero, , I use 1/4 turn usually. don't have to readjust usually, unless, you missed one .

I have Comp Cams hydraulic rollers and I have to adjust them every year, as does a friend of mine who has them. I also adjust to zero and 1/4 turn. I can always feel mine unless they are collapsed, which #5 exhaust is. It would be weird that you can't feel several.

-
Back