hyper pistons and spray

-
you dont need to have experience some times to know what works and what will be a ticking time bomb...

by no means am i rich either...i think the guys who put hypers in, spray em, and then break are the rich ones...there the ones who are going to have to do it twice, not me

opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one...you know that already so no point in feuding over just that, opinion

no feud dude.

and some a$$holes stink more than others, remember that.

no feud dude.

and some a$$holes stink more than others, remember that.

not saying there is one, just saying no point in starting one...ill be the first to admit ive never done it before, but ive gone the budget route before, and in the long run it wasnt the best option

btw, it friggin stinks in here!:-D lol

To answer the original question, yes they can handle it (depending on hp level and usage amount). How long will they last? I don't know... Would I put those in knowing I was going to run N20? No (and I am a poor budget build guy) I would save a little to get the forged, but that is me.... Weigh your options and consider all opinions. I have not personally had N20 but have learned from others mishaps. Also shop around, get Summit to price match, you will be amazed how many places have better prices, sometimes by $100. They just price matched a fan for me, got it for $97 free shipping instead of $125 + ship. Good Luck

To answer the original question, yes they can handle it (depending on hp level and usage amount). How long will they last? I don't know... Would I put those in knowing I was going to run N20? No (and I am a poor budget build guy) I would save a little to get the forged, but that is me.... Weigh your options and consider all opinions. I have not personally had N20 but have learned from others mishaps. Also shop around, get Summit to price match, you will be amazed how many places have better prices, sometimes by $100. They just price matched a fan for me, got it for $97 free shipping instead of $125 + ship. Good Luck

exactly what i was saying too...you dont have to have run it before to know the answer

and from consensus, i think 99.9% of us on here are the poor budget build guy lol

The n2o tune up makes a huge difference whether pistons survive. The n2o tunes the instruction sheets provide in most every case are pig rich. If the fuel pill is larger than the n2o pill it's almost always fat. BTW, a really fat n2o tune can be or is MUCH worse than a lean one.

If you have something already built, run it. If starting from scratch and intend n2o use, buy forged pistons. I'd hit a Hyper engine with about 150 at most just to be safe. There are guys pounding them with more. Read the plugs and make adjustments.

This is like the Dana/8.75 deal. Start from scratch, just build a Dana.

i read someone say you can spray them all day long, most say NO.
any takers to discuss...

Keith Black Hypereutectics on drugs (wet or dry)
sure.

150-175 is a safe bet. over that its a crap shoot. sprayed 3 time with
a 300 horse shot and everything lived. but I think alot of luck this
Jedi had that day. or... just some good tuning ie: ran rich. yes, thats
the extent of my tuning ability lol.

While I hate KB most of all, and all hyper pistons, I know they can take it, because I have seen stock pistons take 200 shots in a Mirada for years..............

Funny tho, your experiences with hyper piston failures and mine are two different types. You guy are all worried about the ring gaps, etc, but thats a no brainer, and who in the hell puts ANY rings in without the proper gap anyway??

My bad experiences with hyper's is when the bore gets wore/tapered, they aren't soft enough to conform like a stock old cast, and not strong enough to just deal, like a forged piston.

-
Back