I’ll just leave this right here…

-
6B80E667-932A-4FB3-AE47-38A69F39E2CC.jpeg
9B1A53A7-B6BC-431F-B09F-4B00C5DEF9B2.jpeg

I don't see what is so bad about the valve covers. They look OK to me.. At least they probably don't leak. If you want other valve covers, Don't they make valve cover spacers so you could put other v. covers on that you like better.
I have a question about the headers. They obviously clear the milodon pan, but are they going to clear the suspension?

Looks like HP was still climbing when it was shut down at 6000rpm. Nice result. Now, the rest of the story?

Really nice work. That's a T56, right? I sure would like some good shots of the transmission tunnel and cross member work, since I am going with a T5 in Vixen.

.....and that fuel tank/cell.....that's some of the neatest install there I've ever seen. Really nice!

Nice numbers!

What stroke/headwork/cam specs?

I left the cam spec'n up to Brian. I told him my goals for the car and all the car's specs. It's like a tattoo artist. You should just be able to tell them generally what you're after and trust their mastery of the art to give you the best results possible.

I only spoke to him briefly on the phone about the cam specs. I believe he told me 236 int. @.050 and I missed the exhaust. Lift was something like .625 intake and around the same on exh. 1.6 Harland Sharp rockers that Mancini sells.

This is a custom Comp Cams hydraulic roller grind that he had came up with. I will get all the specifics on Tues and post them up. Probably should have waited to post till I had all the specs but I just couldn't contain myself after the wait.

Crank is a Scat 4". Brian ported the Edelbrock Performers.

These dyno numbers were with an 1-5/8" to 1-7/8" TTi step header. Numbers might have been higher with 1-7/8" header but Brian said for engines under 550 he uses the smaller one.

Really nice work. That's a T56, right? I sure would like some good shots of the transmission tunnel and cross member work, since I am going with a T5 in Vixen.

.....and that fuel tank/cell.....that's some of the neatest install there I've ever seen. Really nice!

The fuel cell is an Aeromotive 20 gal. tank with a Stealth 340 lph pump. The pick-up has a bucket/bladder it sits in. The bladder has one way check valves so fuel will stay in the bladder during hard cornering.
Yep, the trans is a Tremec Magnum. The Crossmember is the one that’s really popular for these swaps. Forgot who I bought it from but it’s the “ToddRon” design. I think I got it from Modern Driveline or some such place.

03F5B192-8EE5-4134-B4F8-7DBD584569C0.jpeg
316909D4-53E9-4EC7-BE11-D60019CC06F8.jpeg
E1595824-5F10-4476-BB6F-03A6EFB70E9A.jpeg
F4C35ED2-737C-466B-B7A7-D332222457BA.jpeg
8DB23602-46C8-4AB4-8782-E397BA83657F.jpeg

Aeromotive 18665 Fuel cell features include:

* Aeromotive Stealth 340 lph internally mounted fuel pump
* Pre-pump filter sock assembly
* Innovative baffling system
* ORB-08 outlet port
* 1 AN-08 male return line port
* 2 AN-08 vents with roll-over valves
* Standard flush mount lid assembly
* Natural aluminum finish
* Optional 0-90 ohm fuel level sending unit

The bladder w/ check valves
bladder.jpg

Aeromotive 18040 Aeromotive Fuel Pump Bladder and Baffle Sets | Summit Racing

That's really nice. DO you have some install pictures from the bottom?

....and thank you for the cross member info.

I don't see what is so bad about the valve covers. They look OK to me.. At least they probably don't leak. If you want other valve covers, Don't they make valve cover spacers so you could put other v. covers on that you like better.
I have a question about the headers. They obviously clear the milodon pan, but are they going to clear the suspension?

They do clear, with a little dimple. I test fit them when I put the engine and trans in. The pics that I posted were taken before I put some old heads on it and put the headers on. That day was to check fitment of the pan to the 73+ k-frame, headers, set the height of the trans tunnel sheet metal, and header clearance. Brian had already had my 340 so this test fit engine and heads was the old 318.

What I found out was that the headers did need a dimple on one tube. The k-frame also needed clearancing. I ended up trimming about 3/4" off the inside radius of the k-frame. I also hot tanked, blasted, and seam welded it. I added Firm Feel's strengthening gussets too. Also, on the steering box mount on th k-frame, I cut out a section and inverted it as shown by 72blunblu. On 73+ k-frames with the Milodon Roadrace pan the front left corner of the sump may interfere with the lower corner of the pedestal that the steering box attaches to.

I'm not a fan of the fab look valve covers is all. I was just pokin you with the stick. It's a badass build. Even with them valve covers. lol

-
Back