I’m looking for 8 3/4, Characters

-

DusterMex

Reaction score
Hi, I like to put a 8 ¾ in my Duster 75, but I don’t know its characters to identify.

For example how many bolts in the cover?, how is the cover (Oval o circle)? And the 8 ¾ has the rims bolt same a my duster 4.500 rim.

The 8-3/4 does not have a rear cover. The 3rd member unit drops out the front. It's the only Mopar rearend to do this so it's easily identified by this feature. Not all 8-3/4 A-body rear ends have the large bolt pattern. In fact most don't. You'll just have to measure to see what your looking at.

Hi fishy68,

Thank for you information, here in Mexico a friend have a duster and he is selling a rear, but he said is a 8 3/4 and it rear have a rear cover, but the cover is big maybe is a 8 1/4 beacuse it have the end arms more thin.

Tnahks

The 8-1/4 has 10 bolts on the rear cover. The 8-3/4 does not have any bolts or a cover for that matter. I don't know what "End arms " are.
I have a thread going called something like "Rumbleishs duster build" in the general section. I have a 8-1/4 rear pictured there.

Click here and go to the second page, midway down. You'll see before and after pictures of a 8-1/4 rear. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=10508

Does the cover look like the pic in this link that rumblefish posted of the 8 1/4
attachment.jpg

or does the cover look like my attachement?

P1000442.JPG

attachment.jpg

Wooooo-Hoooo, big daddy DANA! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks. That is my brother in laws Duster. But lets keep on Subject here. I figured since he may have an inspection cover at least there is a chance of a "Big Daddy Dana" as Rumble once said.

P1000438.JPG

etownpic17.jpg

-
Back