-
Status
Not open for further replies.

amzchad

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am not the kind of person to flat out as for something but as of right now i am in real need. My motor mount snapped the other day caught my fan shroud and ripped it in half beyond repair. I had enough money to purchase the motor mounts but now i am over heating cause i dont have a fan shroud. I flushed the radiator put new coolent in it and a radiator cap. I am still having the problem it was fine when i had the fan shroud.

The shop I am working at just got really slow for the past two weeks. I have not been working. I can only afford to pay for my gas right now and i am running low on that.

Does anybody have an old one laying around? Doesnt need to be nice or anything just needs to work.

Thanks

Chad

that may help

Dude your a lifesaver and your in fresno how bad *** would love to meet a local fabo memeber

zcxvzcxDSCN1287.jpg

Dude, your not going to hump my leg or anything.... right. LOL

Let me look in the morning since I can't see out in the back warehouse right now but I think it should work for you, I'll post a pic and some measurements in the morning.

Get a 6 cyl shroud, flip it over, might need some minor trimming to fit but it will work. Way more available than a correct small block shroud and much cheaper. Or use pop rivets and pieces of thin aluminum and piece yours back together. FYI - A small block 70'ish A body shroud, typically part # 2998325, is a hi priced item.

Chad how far are you driving that it's overheating? I don't have a shroud on mine and have never had that problem,(340 w/clutch fan). I live in Florida so it's plenty hot here as well.

Here's the shroud I have from the Fury, take a look at the measurements and see if you think it will work. I got the height, width, fan opening size and the offset. Your welcome to it if you think it will do the job.

IMG_4886a.jpg

IMG_4887a.jpg

IMG_4888a.jpg

IMG_4889a.jpg

IMG_4890a.jpg

its too small damn still looking for a shroud thanks for all the replies and help

its amazing what you can do with pop rivets beer cans JB weld and duct tape your old one may look like Frankenstein's fan shroud but it will make your car COOL

Get a 6 cyl shroud, flip it over, might need some minor trimming to fit but it will work. Way more available than a correct small block shroud and much cheaper. Or use pop rivets and pieces of thin aluminum and piece yours back together. FYI - A small block 70'ish A body shroud, typically part # 2998325, is a hi priced item.

This guy hit the nail right on the head !!!

2998325's go for close to 2 bills.

Chad how far are you driving that it's overheating? I don't have a shroud on mine and have never had that problem,(340 w/clutch fan). I live in Florida so it's plenty hot here as well.

I was thinking the same thing. I have run numerous 318's without shrouds and never had overheating issues. Also the 360 in my 69 Fury had the stock 318 non ac radiator and never came with a shroud. Ran fine in the summer heat. Make sure you have a good thermostat and your radiator is clean. And if you have a clutch fan is the clutch good? It shouldn't overheat.
Also when you say overheat, does it actually boil and steam and all that crap? Or is it just a little higher on the gauge?

yeah i would just piece one together for a temporary thing you wouldnt belive what we have built out four wheeling and stuff when your broke down miles out you get creative if you still have most of the pieces of the old one im sure you can do something to make it work all else fails take the hood off lol gets plenty of air then

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back