I am one proud Demon owner!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Mother always told me to blow my own horn because nobody else will, so here goes.

In order to get collector car insurance here you have to get an appraisel done by an appraiser of thier choice. I talked to the guy on the phone today and set it up for him to do it tonight.

Seeing as this was my first total restoration of a car, and the fact that a-bodies are not the most desirable cars, my expectations were not all that high. He found some flaws, but nothing to serious. He also said there is some detailing to be done.

I figured all along that it would appraise for somewhere around $15,000 tops.

He blew my socks off when he handed me the sheet. It said, drum rollllllllll, $22,800.
That just floored me. He also told me that after some detailing and wet sanding and buffing, that he could see no problem selling the car for close to $30,000.

The comment on the sheet says, "This is a strongly built muscle car with many mechanical additions". He rated it as a 2.5 with points being taken away for not being a numbers car.

I was thinking to myself that this guy must be on drugs. It turns out that he is the president of one of the local car clubs, has been appraising cars for 30 years and is a big time Mopar guy. (has a 'cuda himself).

Anyway, I figured I would blow my own horn and puff my chest out.

Jack

So thats what $10 US right. :angel9:

Congrats Jack, you have put together one nice Demon !

jack i think you underestimate these cars ( your car). they are on the tail end of a rise in price. i have been watching them for the last 2 years and have seen it everywhere. ebay dosen't always reflect it but even there it shows some. congrats, that is a good deal of money. i for 1 though am not suprised. your car looks nice.

Thanks guy's! I am on cloud 9 right now. The wife is real happy about it. She says that the appraisel covers what I put into the car anyway, which is better than either of us expected.

Jack

You're on the right track Jack. I know mine won't turn out as good as yours, but at least I can dream. Congratulations !!! you deserve it.

OK Jack... let's get some new pics of your pride & joy up in your garage!!

Personally, I wish you would have captured the rear twisting burnout on film. :toothy7:

Your Mother has raised you rite, Blow that horn loud because you deserve it!
Glade you got the appraisal you deserve. :headbang:
Man that would be some great news,
Jack you have allot to be proud of, and we are proud to have you for a member and a friend. :thumbup: :coffee2:

Put a video camera in the yard and lets see the test launch :blob:

-
Back