I am tired

-
its no wonder the man is tired. a member for 5 years. over 31000 posts. that works out to 17 posts a day every day for the last 5 years if my math is correct. wow.

Thank you Rob. Some of those posts were exactly what I needed at the time.

He'll be back. He just needs a break...as we all do from time to time. Take a break as long as you need Rob, then come back and dazzle us with your spot-on, down-to-earth advice whenever you're ready.
See you around, buddy...

The following is a PSA.
Everyone makes mistakes.
I just posted something here in reply to a previous post.
It was a mistake.
But my logic was that the thread was still ongoing.
See how that works?

Some mistakes can be corrected.
Seriously.

all this gets to be amusing.
the way I see it all, this guy or whoever tries to offer good advise and info, if his delivery rubs the wrong way, and if that is a problem, state that... or, suck it up and go on. say "thank you" for taking the time to offer advise.
like already said, people many times don't want advise, they just want someone to assure them what they are doing is CORRECT! so when people try to steer them in the right direction, and they refuse to listen, it could get old for some of the guys?

I was looking for info on the install and adjustment of my carb to trans linkage and his explanation ( pretty old thread I think) was the easiest for me to understand and apply.

So we all have our moments but all in all he is a pretty good guy with good info.

For those who feel like posting up advice based on real experience like Rusty does, I for one appreciate it. Over here in the UK there are only a hardcore few who really understand these cars. Those that contribute are appreciated, Rusty included. I can't recall all the members but many have helped me without realising it. I'm listening !

Yea I remember when his screen name was stroker scamp..... before it was RRR.

if his delivery is too harsh for some then they probably take him wrong.

He has helped me out before and I have nothing bad to say about him. He unfriendef me on facebook and I don't know why but I just chalk it up to that he is like my cat...... sometimes they bite .. sometimes they purr.... sometimes they leave, sometimes they get run over and sometimes they come back. The cat dish is still out with a snack, kitty door is open and I am still here so whatever....I don't take anything personal from either an internet friend or the cat.

Yea I remember when his screen name was stroker scamp..... before it was RRR.

if his delivery is too harsh for some then they probably take him wrong.

He has helped me out before and I have nothing bad to say about him. He unfriendef me on facebook and I don't know why but I just chalk it up to that he is like my cat...... sometimes they bite .. sometimes they purr.... sometimes they leave, sometimes they get run over and sometimes they come back. The cat dish is still out with a snack, kitty door is open and I am still here so whatever....I don't take anything personal from either an internet friend or the cat.

Great post:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Rob tells it like it is. Most folks these days aren't accustomed to that type of straight shooting.. Not everyone has the time and aptitude to hold your hand and tell you it's going to be sunshine and puppies. It doesn't mean you can't glean the best and trash the rest. Got to put that precious ego on hold for a minute some times.

Don't make the mistake of taking it personally.

I get tired too, this is a specialized topic; and if you hang out with any sort of regularity, you will see the same topics pop up over, and over, and over. Some people wake up in a new world every day, I sure don't.

It becomes like Groundhog's Day.

Rest well sir.

I wish everyone on this site would only give advise that they have had personal experience with or are sure to be right. It is better to give no advise than to give bad advise and have someone chasing their tail trying to solve a problem. From what I have seen of Rusty he does give some good advise and has his on opinions too, Joe

Rusty/Stroker Rob,simply tells it,like it is. I appreciate truth & a bit of fire, rather than a "sales pitch" from someone who hasn't been there. That is one of the undeniable qualities ,of FABO as a forum.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU"]I'm Tired Madeline Kahn Blazing Saddles - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back