I am truly blessed

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am truly blessed
What a great weekend at the Ace Race at Dragway 42. I finally got the steering issues fixed on the car and it’s one bad Ambree now. The driver actually did a good job not needing a buyback in three 20,000.00 races. I do have to learn to park better in the staging lanes as I parked by and got some tough dudes. To be able to not only do these three day races at 67 years old I also do all the needed maintenance by myself. Each and every one of these races is a gift from God at this stage of my life. Car never had an issue till Sunday first and second round were I either spun badly or my transmission is going. My plans were to unload and pull the transmission and rebuild it for this weekends big race but Matt Cadamore said the right lane was crap on Sunday. So I’ll download my RacePak data hopefully tonight to see if I can see something. It was great having my cousin and girlfriend drive over for the day. Posted this on Facebook and brought it over here. Life is good.

Amen!
As I am as well.
At 75 and following my Dreams that
I have had since a child.
God in Good = All the time!!

Last edited:
just keep goin.....and keep busy, it seems to make you feel good. Have fun!

Michael

I was blessed to retire in 2010 at 53 years old. 33 years of Millwright work took a toll on my body but my injuries feel better when I’m active. If I would sit in a chair all day I would have died years ago.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with staging lane parking issues. In 2 of my last 3 times out, I've ended up with either the reigning track champ and points leader or the 2nd place guy running against me. Oops!! (The good news? Put 'em both on the trailer!! But I'm sure they'll get their rematch somewhere along the way but I gotta do better at not ending up next to them. Geez!!)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with staging lane parking issues. In 2 of my last 3 times out, I've ended up with either the reigning track champ and points leader or the 2nd place guy running against me. Oops!! (The good news? Put 'em both on the trailer!! But I'm sure they'll get their rematch somewhere along the way but I gotta do better at not ending up next to them. Geez!!)

Right now with this car fixed I’m not afraid of anyone. I have new tires sitting here but I was hoping to get three more races out of these as there’s plenty of rubber. Hopefully it was just track issues.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. ENJOY the good times and persevere through the bad days. Seems like that's what life is about. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think way too many people think life is or should be peaches and cream everyday. Well if you never have bad days how are you ever going to know to enjoy the good days.

Love reading your track escapades ! Helps keep armchair drag racers like me well informed!

Keep on keepin on !!

No where is it written that you have to stop at any age!

Cheers!!

Great to hear John. What's better for the rest of us, it keeps you busy and out of Walmart taking pictures :lol:

I should add that it's great to see you still racing. Some of us gave up regular racing years ago and just fool around now.

I should add that it's great to see you still racing. Some of us gave up regular racing years ago and just fool around now.

Hey as long as you are standing and getting your fingers greasy once in awhile we can’t complain right???

Had it happen to me, once or twice.
Good feeling when you pull in the lanes next to somebody..... and they pull out of the lanes and come back later.... cause the don't wanna race YOU!

Back in the old day at our local track (About a Dozen championship
between us) when we raced there = We would pull up back to back in
the right lane. The line behind us ran back to the pits and no one in the
left lane.
Fun Memories!

I hear ya John! I'm knocking in 67 myself and do all of the maintenance on my car myself. Part of the reason that I sold the Dart and got this Arrow is being a chassis car it's a lot easier to work on. I couldn't believe how quickly the transmission came out of it after we got back from Maple Grove. I can retire from my job at any time I want, but I've seen too many retire and then they do nothing and are dead within 6 months to a year. I've already warned the crew chief that I'm going to keep working for as long as I'm physically able to.

Great to know that you are still enjoying racing and wrenching, it definitely takes a toll, but a little bit of success will make it a lot more fun to continue. Thanks for posting your drag strip experiences, and I hope you are able to keep at it for many more years.

Glad you're loving life and what you do John.
I'm 66 and planning on get back out there next spring.
I can remember at a 10 Grander at Bristol several years ago....No body would pull up beside Kenny Underwood.
I did..Guy ask me if I knew who he was...I said yeah he's gonna be asking you who I was after this round LoL
Kenny took .001 stripe on me and we didn't lift :)
Still was fun even on the wrong end of it.
I bought back and got down 6 cars....all were dragsters but me for several rounds.
My boat of a '69 Dodge Charger running 7.30's in the 1/8 did it's self proud :)

-
Back