I bought these brake lines, where do they go?

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I bought pre bent lines a few months ago for my 71' Duster. Since I upgraded to 73' Discs, I bought lines for a 73'. I understand which line is for the rear axle, and which line goes from the front to the rear (duh), but I have no idea where these two shorter lines go. Any help? They didn't come with instructions. I got them from Summit, so I believe they are Right Stuff brand...

Attachments

• brake lines (1024x768).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 248
if the 2 circled parts are different sizes(they look like it ) and are bent at a 90 degree from the lines. (again they look like it) They should be the lines going from your master cylinder to the either distribution block for drums or proportioning valve for disc.

View attachment brake lines check..jpg

That's what I thought too, but I quickly placed them in there, and couldn't figure out their orientation. I'll go back out later and play around again.

they look like the lines that go from the master cylinder to the PV. the end that goes into the MC are likely colored blue or red.

make sure you are comfortable with their fit - i ordered lines from Right stuff a few times, and the wrong lines from the MC were sent 2 times until it was sorted. they are very helpful, and the lines came right away, but i was sent a set that looked like it was for a mack truck at first

I recently ordered from Right Stuff and they sent me lines for a 73 with power brakes by mistake (I have a 72)...and those are master cylinder lines for a car with power brakes.

Paul

ykt7302s.jpg

I have upgraded to what I "think" is a a 73' power brakes setup... Your pictures looks like what I got. I will have to mess with everything anyway, since now I'll be using a Wilwood prop valve. Thanks for the help!

I have the same thing but those lines are for power brakes. I would assume you no longer have the brake booster installed.

The line runs from the master cylinder down to the distribution block.

-
Back