I call BS on this one....key chain my A$$!!!

-
Holy crap! He's selling fender tags too, is there a way to report this scumbag?

This crap has been going for a long time on E-bay. It ain't right but it goes on all the time.

Just reported his listing to Ebay as illegal and supportive of illegal activity.

Ebay doesn't give one ****.

There used to be a bunch of us, sometimes as many as 10 of us would get on "160 meters" on a weekend and bla bla bla and search Ebluc for illegal CB amplifiers.

We'd all report em, and then follow. I don't think we ever saw anything get removed in this manner.

Keyword spamming is so bad nowadays it's incredible.

This asshole is a great example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Nailh...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e77986ba&vxp=mtr

It is still illegal and should be reported. I did.

What about selling titles ?, Is that legal ? I have seen this dun a bunch :coffee2:

I'm kind of curious, you guys have a huge issue with selling VIN's. is there a bigger issue with it that I don't know about? I have seen some really awesome cars that had no title. And I wouldn't think twice about changing dashes to get me something to cruise. What am I not seeing that makes this so bad?

I'm kind of curious, you guys have a huge issue with selling VIN's. is there a bigger issue with it that I don't know about? I have seen some really awesome cars that had no title. And I wouldn't think twice about changing dashes to get me something to cruise. What am I not seeing that makes this so bad?

It is a crime and I believe it is a felony too, not too mention if they catch you, you may even lose your car

There is a reason each auto has it's own id number. What would stop you from stealing a car and swapping out the dash?? How would you feel if you bought a supposed real HEMI car only to find out later on that it was a / car originally??

I wouldn't think twice about changing dashes to get me something to cruise.
wow man , I wouldn't be posting that kind of a statement. its completely illegal to switch vehicle identication numbers from one car to another. people get burned on a daily bases by people doing that ****.

FYI , the add has been pulled , good job people

There is a guy where I live that bought a 440 6 pak 71 Cuda that was a fake. He told the guy he bought the Cuda from about an original 71 440 6 pak cuda convert that he had seen that was a complete basket case. The guy told him that he would give him $25,000.00 fror the vin, title and fender tag. With those he could build and sell a car to some poor sucker as an original car. Yes it is a BIG problem!!!!!

Well I wasn't trying to get slammed over it or anything. I was just trying to understand a lil better. I know have many cases of building 40'- 50' model trucks and cars and doing lots of custom chopping and stuff. And might have 2-3 vehicles used for major components. Frame, cab, dash, and even splitting the cab in half to use a different front half with rust free firewall and cowl. So what vin do u use? My buddies duster doesn't even have a dash, should he just crush the car?

Well I wasn't trying to get slammed over it or anything. I was just trying to understand a lil better. I know have many cases of building 40'- 50' model trucks and cars and doing lots of custom chopping and stuff. And might have 2-3 vehicles used for major components. Frame, cab, dash, and even splitting the cab in half to use a different front half with rust free firewall and cowl. So what vin do u use? My buddies duster doesn't even have a dash, should he just crush the car?

Does he have the title to it? If he does I believe there is another vin stamped under the trunk seal so not having a dash is not that big of a deal. What is a big deal is trying to sell the car with no vin/title, unless it is a vehicle built with coo's....(certificate of origins). They are proof that the chassis/driveline were purchased from a manufacture. I purchased a "custom" built bike years ago and that is how it was delivered to me, with COO's....I took the papers and the bike down to dmv and was issued a Specialty Built Title and VIN.
I would NEVER buy a vehicle without some sort of document issued by DMV. I understand that some states do not issue title, only bill of sales. If the Bill of Sale is from DMV fine, other wise no thanks. How would I know I am not buying a stolen vehicle? Because the seller says so?? I might have been born at night but it sure as hell was not last night....

COO's are also called MCO or MSO....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturer's_Certificate_of_Origin

-
Back