I can race this season "I GOT A JOB"

-

Aquick408

Reaction score
Well, some of you know this and some do not, but I quit my job at Monro Muffler Brake and Service in Dec 18th after 7 years of service. The constant overworking and lack of support finally got to me and I had to think of my family and health. Well I decided to hang up my shoes as a service manager, and try my luck as a flat rate mechanic. Today my luck came through with a position at Midwestern Auto Group(a high end dealership here in columbus) this is th eplace to get your Ferrari,Bently,Porsche,Lotus,etc...here in Columbus. However I will be starting out as a SAAB mechanic. They pay very well and have the best hours I have ever been able to work Monday thru Friday 7:30-4:30 and only one Saturday per month. I am really looking forward to the extra time with my baby and his mother. Thanks for everyone that has offered their support.

Congatulations. I am also learning that family and health is much more important than anything else. My wife is pregnant and I've got a Dart to work on now and both of those make me happier than any job ever could. Good for you, I hope you really enjoy it. Those hours sound great, I am envious!

Lonnie that's great news , family ,health, and sanity are importaint for your soul, I hope to see you at Beech Bend soon .
Dane

Congrads and this is great news. A new job in a new year with less hours working. Sounds like a win win deal to me! Best of luck!

good job! no job is worth your health and family. congrats on a job that seems like it will have great opportunity for advancement. with clientele like that, pay rates can be very comfortable in due time.

Congrats Lonnie! I know myself that working all of the time takes away from family time and fun time. Family and health first!! Congrats again:thumbup:

GOOD LUCK on your new job!!!...a GOOD job is hard to find now adays.

i LOVE my job and cant wait to go back to work tomorrow!!!:cheers:

Well dun Lonnie,8)Best of luck at Midwestern Auto Group it sounds like a up grade to me. Have a big time racing this season.:cheers:

I recently changed jobs, from a private aerospace firm to a working as a contractor at a NASA facility.

The hours, shorter commute and less pressure in the work environment made this the right move for me. The new job even lets me out a little early on Fridays so I can race my Dart.

I hope yours works out as well.

Bob

-
Back