I can smell the fresh paint

-
They were known to explode on occasion when rear ended....

They were actually good cars for their day.

I had numerous ones.

The one that blew up and caused all the controversy was hit by a full size van at over 55mph while it was sitting on the side of the road..

The price they are asking for this one is the shocker to me

Back in 1979 I had one for my daily driver and a 70 coronet R/T 440 six pack for my hot rod.

One got 25 mph and one got 4mpg , guess which was witch?

Drop a 351C in it. Make a Pintera! Sisters boyfriend had one, hacked conversion but was scary fast. The torque broke his windshield! These are all snapped up for short/Dirt track racing around here.

Just picked up a 74 for my brother. He had one in HS. Rack and pinion steering, bullet proof 4 banger, 4 speed, disc brakes....what's not to like?

haters are gonna hate......

The 2.0 liters with a stick, were fun to drive. Smoked the 2300 engine, until U.S speed parts started to show up. Drop 'em, install some wider wheels. FWIW, seen one of these with a 88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe drive train installed ( engine/t5/8.8 slightly modified}. Just damn, with the boost bumped. Wicked ride.

Like pishta said, around here the Pintos are snatched up for short track stock car racing. I built one first for my daughter, then one for my youngest son to race at Orange Show Speedway, Irwindale, Blythe and Havasu. The cars are a blast with the little 2300 motors, and can run with the milder V-8s on a short track (going by lap times only). If you want to see a really fast 2500 Pinto, google Mr. Pinto. The race you'll find is at the 1/8 mile at Irwindale, and the History Channel even had a segment that showed him at Fontana. The guy's name is Rob Hornsby. His street Pinto eats most small blocks on the street. He runs a C-4 with an 8 inch Ford rear out of a Mustang ll. It bolts in.

Russ.

-
Back