I don`t drink much beer , but

-
I don't drink much beer (when I do it's Coors yellow bellies). I prefer bourbon which I believe is a touch more than 3.2.. Plus the warning from the surgeon general is spot on!
20171223_145817.jpg

His words, not mine! I just choose to read the important ones..

So, following the earlier posts...
Is it 4.2 by weight, or are they switched to ABV rating. If the latter, it barely changed.

I’d like to know if that is alcohol by weight or volume......

I just looked. It’s by volume. I have Budweiser here at 5% ABV and boulevard wheat that is 4.4% ABV

I stopped in the local QT yesterday, to pick up a 12 pack, (usually lasts me a week and a half-2 weeks), the cases were bone empty. They said they were switching over to 6 point beer. What the hell, what if I don`t want 6 point beer ?!
I don`t drink beer much, and don`t drink it to get hi or a buzz , just like to have one at the end of a hard or successful day, and like the taste.
Is everybody going to be stoned w/ legal mariuana or drunk on 6 point beer now ? Traffic is bad enough with all the idiots texting and driving.
You just said it...

"Traffic is bad enough"

So why not crack a cold one ?

Lol

15386168498684947245167903353620.jpg

Wow.

FL has the gamut from 3.2 to 4/4.2, 5, 5.9, 6, and anywhere up to IIRC 13% for straight "beer".

I've recently had a few 4Loko brand sour apple brews at 18%.

I remember in the late 1980's Ohio actually banned 3.2 beer in favor of 6%.
Ha! I Remember that! you could buy low beer at 18 . Now in ohio you can get about anything

I also remember being grandfathered in when the drinking age changed from 18 to 21.

I turned 18 that year and IIRC people who did were the only ones that got let through.

When I moved to FL, I was 20 and had been legally buying beer for 2 years but FL was 21.
Sucked really bad for a year.

When I was growing up Mom told me NOT to drink beer. She aid it tasted just like horse piss!! So I asked her HOW she knew that, said, being farm raised with lots of brothers, some thing ya just know!!!!!!! I asked no further!

I also remember being grandfathered in when the drinking age changed from 18 to 21.

I turned 18 that year and IIRC people who did were the only ones that got let through.

When I moved to FL, I was 20 and had been legally buying beer for 2 years but FL was 21.
Sucked really bad for a year.
I hope the thirty five years after were better. LOL I was grandfathered too. In several thing now that I think about it. Hmmm?

Last edited:
Back home, in the 60's legal age was 18, the wise old Southern General had said 100 years before, " If ya old enough to get drafted, ya old enough to drink!". He had a point. Would have won the War of North Aggretion, IF had not run out of cannonballs and grits!

-
Back