I don't know what to say!

-
It's a preview of the future. In 20 years, hardly anyone at whatever is left of "car shows" (if they're even still legal) will remember what a muscle car is, much less what is correct or even what the factory ever made. Hell, I doubt most will even care. I already see it happening. It's not like it was 20 years ago. Screw judging, screw prizes, just have the cars that make you happy, and go out and enjoy them.

Here's a picture of my ugly mug standing next to my correctly-restored 1922 Dodge Bros. touring car. It has never won any prize in a car show. Every time I've shown it, all the prizes went to "tri-five' Chevies. Two reasons: 1. It is cheaper and easier for the show to award "peoples' choice" prizes than to obtain the services of qualified judges; and 2. The low-information voters always vote for the Chebbie. They don't even know what a Dodge Bros. is!!

That's a crying shame. If people only knew what they were looking at and how few they're ever likely to see...

I went to a Dream comes true. Street Rod show, There were many nice street rods and muscle cars. . A 2014 mustang won the show . He bought it the day before to come to the show. The window sticker was still on it. and a dealer tag. There was a lot of disgusted people there.

That is so wrong! Cars at cruises should be 20 years old MINIMUM!

I was @ a show Sat., As The Judges came around a Mustang owner that was parked next to my Swinger got up out of his chair and proceded to give the Judges a guided tour of his car, He won best Ford and best interior??, Go Figure???:eek:ops:

That is so wrong! Cars at cruises should be 20 years old MINIMUM!

I would tend to agree.. I get into this argument alot though... problem is in the title of the event... 'car' cruise, or 'car' show.. key word being 'car' .... I personally dont knock someone for bringing what they're proud of.. however its not nearly as impressive to me if I can drive out of the show, cruise a few miles down the road and see a bunch of the same cars on the new car lot...

Maybe simply adding one word to the title.. 'classic' car cruise... for example would help weed out all those that just bought there new car last week.. and make more room for those of us who have restored classic cars, inherited them, or bought them from someone else...

Just a thought

That car deserves a role in the next Quentin Tarentino film. That's one fast lookin' DoDo bird whose owner polishes turds. I 've seen this episode before in the desert with ACME, Wile Coyote, and a horrible demise.

It cracks me up at shows when guys get all whiney because their car didnt win and one they didnt like did. If you are that competitive then why not just race. Car shows are meant to be more laid back I thought.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? I simply stated that this car won best race car. That is in NO way a whine from me because my car did not win.

-
Back