I Feel Cheated...

-

Djeagle86

Reaction score
Discovery Communications Agrees to Form Leading Automotive Media Company through Consolidated Joint Venture with TEN: The Enthusiast Network - Hot Rod Network

Just read this on the hotrod.com website and it makes me so very very very sad. I'm all about change if it makes any situation better for the regular guy. However, this sounds like change for advertisement reasons aka more money for Discovery. I hope this doesn't ax the MotorTrend Youtube channel. I don't have cable nor satellite and never will (I refuse to pay for channels I don't even watch), so please don't take the only car media out of my life :(

Oh they aren't going to take your channel away but they will probably make ya pay for it sooner or later.

The MotorTrend On Demand subscription is a reasonable $5.00. I didn't want to pay that to watch Roadkill at first but hey it's a great show along with the other shows in the network, so I support. It sure beats paying a $100 a month bill for cable or satellite just to watch one or two car shows. But if they shut down everything, and move to cable television it's going to kill all of the franchises. It seems to me the biggest reason for this buy out is that Discovery sees how much more advertising they can do. Smh. Everything shouldn't have to be about money.

Oh they aren't going to take your channel away but they will probably make ya pay for it sooner or later.
--------THIS !---And they will try to charge u more and more for it as time goes on !

how do you feel cheated when you dont pay for anything???? i dont understand this handout society. i mean you obviously like the motortrend channel just like many of us i think. i am happy to pay the 5.00 a month for something i enjoy. finnegan and frieberger are by no means rich and put out serious content just between them, they deserve to get paid for doing a great job even if they only get a small portion of the sub plan, its keep the channel going. I know there are other shows on motor trend but lets face it. the roadkill and hotrod garage and engine masters is the best thing they got going. if people dont support them, the show wont continue anyways. Stop being cheap, either buy the sub or dont whine when the show goes away just because you dont want to pay for your entertainment.

how do you feel cheated when you dont pay for anything???? i dont understand this handout society. i mean you obviously like the motortrend channel just like many of us i think. i am happy to pay the 5.00 a month for something i enjoy. finnegan and frieberger are by no means rich and put out serious content just between them, they deserve to get paid for doing a great job even if they only get a small portion of the sub plan, its keep the channel going. I know there are other shows on motor trend but lets face it. the roadkill and hotrod garage and engine masters is the best thing they got going. if people dont support them, the show wont continue anyways. Stop being cheap, either buy the sub or dont whine when the show goes away just because you dont want to pay for your entertainment.
Don`t know who ur talking to here, but believe me, we pay for it !! And they are always raising out rates.--DIRECT TV

here we go.......... so explain to me, if you are watching the show/channel on youtube. how exactly are you paying for it?

I am by no means a free loader or anyone who takes and takes and doesn't want to pay for anything. I am a subscriber to the Motortrendondemand.com network and have been for a while. So yes I do support the cause. What I don't support is cable television. What man wants to pay for lifetime channel when he doesn't even watch it?! I went to Roadkill Zip Tie drags last month in Memphis. Freiberger himself said that he doesn't want to go to tv because he knows the show would change for the worse. I feel cheated because it sounds like to me the whole brand will eventually become Discovery which means no more $5 a month and instead it will be $100. Sorry folks, call me what you want but unless cable TV starts to allow pay by channel then I'm out.

I am by no means a free loader or anyone who takes and takes and doesn't want to pay for anything. I am a subscriber to the Motortrendondemand.com network and have been for a while. So yes I do support the cause. What I don't support is cable television. What man wants to pay for lifetime channel when he doesn't even watch it?! I went to Roadkill Zip Tie drags last month in Memphis. Freiberger himself said that he doesn't want to go to tv because he knows the show would change for the worse. I feel cheated because it sounds like to me the whole brand will eventually become Discovery which means no more $5 a month and instead it will be $100. Sorry folks, call me what you want but unless cable TV starts to allow pay by channel then I'm out.
ahhhh i gotcha now.......yeah tv providers do suck..... i can agree with that :p

-
Back