I finally got a 12 sec street car!

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
Yes, guys. Got the Duster to the strip yesterday.
I finally got my 12 sec. pass that I was looking for.
12.93. Made about 4 passes before I broke the front U joint
and slip joint for the trans. It gave me no notice of it
going, till I jumped on it at the starting line. Thank god
it has a safety loop or I would of had alot more damage.
Now I can go race my buddy with his Demon. I should be
able to beat him now.

Congragulations Brian, thats a nice street rod time. Lucky driveshaft went out on starting line. I think I'll get a driveshaft loop now. Mike

:burnout: Congragulations Brian a great day for sure :glasses7:

SWEEEET! Nice job. Now you have the bug…you thought 12’s would be fast enough, then 11’s, 10’s……….it never ends! Well, maybe it does. I have never heard a Top Fuel driver say “ that 4 second pass felt pretty slow”. :toothy7:

I'm hoping mine will get into the 12's. I will need good traction to do. Just don't know if I want to take it that far because I really want it to be pretty nice on the street as well. Plus I don't know the rules for having a convertible on the track are. What tires did you use?

Great job on getting into the 12s. I'm a little nervous about catching the racing bug. It could get messy. lol

Hate to rain on your parade, brian, but you probably should take the trans out and have it checked to see if the overrunning clutch has been damaged. If it has and you try to launch it again, when your ears stop ringing you'll have a real mess to clean up. congrats on the 12 second run. Do the right thing and yank that trans.

don

Got a 340/30 over. Mopar Perfmance cam, 484 lift. 727 trans with
B&M parts and shift kit. 8 4/4 rear, with 4.30 gears for the
strip. Running BFG drag radials. 235/60-15s. I think it's basic
street car. Very happy with the results. Thanks guys.

Yeah congrats!!! I to want to hear what all you have done to it.... Forget about your buddies Demon... Go for the ricers and GT's....

yeah i mean to race another mopar is a win win situation but to go around town stompin imports and eatin stangs and camaros is much much better, more satisfaction. but yet me and my best freind have a rivalry of my 71 swinger and his 72 swinger and its neverending lol well u have an awsome car congrats..

Congratz brainkaplan! I think dusterdon has given some good advice. Might not be a bad idea to check out the overrunning clutch on the 727. When you built the trans, did you put a bolt-in overrunning clutch in?

BTW, I have family in Mercer and Springstead. I usually fly into Rhienlander when I visit. Beautiful country. :thumbup:

The basic 340/30 over KB pistons. 727 auto with a 3000 stall
convertor. Got a Holley 750 DP. Stock front suspension with
adjustable shocks. Rear suspension is S/S springs with a pinion
snubber. Then the 4.30 gears. And frame connectors. Works
for me!

I didn't build the trans. Got it in another car I had. I was
told it was built by a shop in the UP of Michigan. I have another trans I can put in till I get this one checked out.

I lost a u joint in my circle track car once, 2 weeks later i lost the overruning clutch in the 904 going into the turn. one heck of a bang an then it was like somebody stuck in the clutch.. before i went on the track i had fueled it up , an some spilled it was sitting in the bottom of my fuel cell can, cought on fire. the track crew got really excited an were wavin for me to drive over by em, guess they didnt hear the bang lol. it was only a small fire, no big deal to me an i was the one in the car.

-
Back