I finally got the duster in the shop

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was under the gun to get it unloaded today as I see my doctor tomorrow. I’m sure I’m going to get the now don’t do anything stupid, like unload a race car. Lol. I’ll leak it down and do a compression test and decide witch direction I’m going to go. I’d love to finish the set of heads I started for it but I’m going to send out my rotating assembly for my 422 to get balanced so I can start the assembly of it just in case. It’s nice to cover all the bases.

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0348.jpeg

Nice looking car!

Only the side I photographed. The other side is hit from the front bumper to the rear bumper from my sons 330 foot wheelie into the guardrail. Hopefully I can spend some time on it this spring.

I'm glad to hear you're getting around some.

I'm glad to hear you're getting around some.

Ohhh I’m paying a price tonight but it had to be done. My son told me he’s coming home Thursday from Cleveland Ohio and could help but I had to get this done. Freezing temps all week this week at night.

Ohhh I’m paying a price tonight but it had to be done. My son told me he’s coming home Thursday from Cleveland Ohio and could help but I had to get this done. Freezing temps all week this week at night.
Are you cooking for your son on Thanksgiving ?

Are you cooking for your son on Thanksgiving ?

No my exwife lives 1.5 miles away and he will be eating there. I see him at the tracks in Ohio so he tries to spend extra time with her when he get home. We will hopefully have some shop time together and go out for a few adult beverages.

I had my first Margarita with my other son so Friday is a Bloody Mary Black Friday at our local bar. I may have my first Bloody Mary with this son.

No my exwife lives 1.5 miles away and he will be eating there. I see him at the tracks in Ohio so he tries to spend extra time with her when he get home. We will hopefully have some shop time together and go out for a few adult beverages.
Does your ex make you a plate or do you cook your own bird? What's ya having.

Does your ex make you a plate or do you cook your own bird? What's ya having.

I’m ham, spaghetti, and chicken winged out so I may go pick up a couple nice steaks. A young lady bought me a 25.00 gift certificate last Christmas so I’m kicking around the idea of going there and grabbing some beef sticks and jerky too.

Well my Orthopedic doctor confirmed what my family doctor said I have. I did tear a calf muscle. The good news is he checked me out very good and said it healing nicely so no surgery will be necessary. He then gave me a cortisone shot in each knee which he said will help calm done the swelling in my knee and help my calf heal. I asked him about the Rooster comb (now synthetic) shots and he said that my help keep my knee pain under control. It has to be approved as it’s an over 1000.00 procedure of three shots one shot a week for three weeks). He said if approved I may start them before Christmas. I’ve iced my legs two times already today and if I feel this good tomorrow I will be back porting.

I feel your pain John. Been getting my knees, mostly the right one, drained and cortisone injected for several months now. They are finally starting to feel pretty good but my orthopedist says it's a matter of time before I'll need a joint replacement in my right knee due to arthritis and joint degeneration. Going to hold off on that for as long as possible.

I feel your pain John. Been getting my knees, mostly the right one, drained and cortisone injected for several months now. They are finally starting to feel pretty good but my orthopedist says it's a matter of time before I'll need a joint replacement in my right knee due to arthritis and joint degeneration. Going to hold off on that for as long as possible.

Ohhh I’m way past due getting both knees done. It is so inconvenient when you are single getting around and I hate to bother people.

don’t hold off.
I waited WAY longer to get my hip done than I should have, and am paying for it.
my hip and back became fused together from so much scar tissue, so when they were in there they had to cut nerves. The doctor had hoped they would regenerate, but they haven’t, so loss of core strength and back pain are the results.
stand long or walk very far is painful, meanwhile the hip feels great…grrrr.
Anyhow, the other day I made a promise I am not racing again until the bathroom scales start with a 2xx.
So hopefully that is a motivation to help myself out

-
Back