I fought the Law and the Law won

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
A while back I started a thread about getting a photo radar speeding ticket. Decided to take my chances with the way Arizona law is written and just ignore it and make them serve me in person.If I could make it 120 days the ticket was wiped out. Well as the old song in the title goes I got served tonight so will have to pay.Sometimes you win sometimes you don't.It is what it is so I'll just pay the fine and move on. :sad9::sad9:

That sucks man. I have got a few of those damn things in the past, but have been lucky enough not have been home when they show up to serve.

A while back I started a thread about getting a photo radar speeding ticket. Decided to take my chances with the way Arizona law is written and just ignore it and make them serve me in person.If I could make it 120 days the ticket was wiped out. Well as the old song in the title goes I got served tonight so will have to pay.Sometimes you win sometimes you don't.It is what it is so I'll just pay the fine and move on. :sad9::sad9:

That does suck.
You are the first person in years that I know of that actually got served in person.

who hasn't been busted for speeding.

I have been able to squeak out of a couple by being really nice to the officer but I got stung one time a few years ago for $196 dollars

we don't have many cameras out here but you see those dang Colorado State patrol guys all over.

Attachments

• CIMG2400.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 353
Idaho, at least up here in the north, seems pretty "tight." ID legislature has been toying with raised limits (80?) in the "big freeway" areas but I don't think it'd happen up here on I-90

Worse, in ID, something like 15-20 over the limit is automatic reckless

My wife got stopped TWELVE times and only got one ticket! And THAT one got thrown out in court!! Lol

Technically I don't think they're suppose to be able to make you pay a camera ticket... One of the amendments states that you have the right to face your accuser in a court of law and since you can't face a camera you don't have to pay or. Or so I've heard...

The area I got the photo Radar ticket is what I call a "Speed Trap" ..Nice 4 Lane Highway with a 45 Mile an Hour Speed Limit.The radar area is about 1/4 mile long by an intersection. I somehow missed the BIG yellow sign. I am more conscious of my speed now.:):)

Technically I don't think they're suppose to be able to make you pay a camera ticket... One of the amendments states that you have the right to face your accuser in a court of law and since you can't face a camera you don't have to pay or. Or so I've heard...

Nope you heard wrong. It's somewhat complicated but they can. Ask me how I know:):)

Glad we ain't got cameras around here! :D closest ones would be in Clarksville tn or Nashville.

A can of spray paint, duct tape, and a long stick.

Those cameras won't be able to 'see' for a while....

You become very conscious of speed limits and tour speed when your employer fires you if you receive 3 speeding tickets in 2yrs. It does not matter if it is a company vehicle or personal.

Idaho, at least up here in the north, seems pretty "tight." ID legislature has been toying with raised limits (80?) in the "big freeway" areas but I don't think it'd happen up here on I-90

Worse, in ID, something like 15-20 over the limit is automatic reckless

There would be a lot of reckless tickets if that were the case here. (if they wrote tickets here)
In a 45 here most do 55-60, and 40 is common in our 25mph zones.

You become very conscious of speed limits and tour speed when your employer fires you if you receive 3 speeding tickets in 2yrs. It does not matter if it is a company vehicle or personal.

I didn't fire people if they received speeding tickets in their personal vehicles, but their driving record COULD effect my insurance rates. So, if they had a tendency to accumulate moving violation tickets, even in their personal vehicles, I would remove them as a "driver", and that would have a negative affect on their paycheck.

It's just like drinking. If an employee was drinking the night before and get's pulled over driving a company vehicle, I can face some pretty stiff fines for allowing him to drive in that condition. I remember when I ran a Teamster shop, a driver was restricted from drinking for 8 hours PRIOR to operating a Straight job or a Tractor Trailer.

So, if your job involves driving a company vehicle, what you do for up to 8 hours BEFORE you report to work, can bite you in the ***, and your employer, too.

Wait a second! If it's a photo speeding ticket, can't you send them a photo of the money to pay the fine? :finga: :evil3:

Wait a second! If it's a photo speeding ticket, can't you send them a photo of the money to pay the fine? :finga: :evil3:

Oh my effin' GAUWEAWD that's hilarious!!!!

1388704025003-Lori-Burroughs-Troy-Mo-horse-laughing.jpg

Here in Cincy,the photo tickets were ruled un-contitutional.
The little town that had them set up has to repay $1.8 million back. They only had the camera's set up for a few months and that was the take. Seemed like anyone who went thru there got a ticket.

Yea...this area is setup on a 1/4 mile stretch of a 4 lane Highway that just skirts the edge of the city of about 35,000. Seems to be a "cash cow" for the City of El Mirage. If you're traveling Highway 60 (Grand Avenue) near there watch out.

Hey they put them up in Heath on the top of street sighn poles red light and speeding cameras they got spray painted so often the cops were guarding the intersection from ruby Tuesday parking lot.residents raised hell about the company who set them up making all this money off of taking a percentage of the fines in exchange for equipment and mailing tickets and someone cut one down and stole it,they took the other ones down because they were spending money to keep them in service.they said it was a lot of money when they stole one whole set up ,looked like a cordless sawzall did the trick pretty quick

-
Back