I found a 17,000 mile Demon!

-

DemonDave

Swollen Member
Reaction score
I've been shopping for a new a-body for a couple of months now and after looking at one bondo-buggy after another, I was ready to give up. As these things go, that's about the time that the perfect car falls into your lap!

I got a call from a friend of mine in Quebec that knew of a low mileage Demon for sale and wondered if I'd be interested in getting the details... of course I said "YES!".

He told me that the car was a 72 Demon with just 17,700 miles on it. The car was originally a pale yellow/beige colour but had been repainted a medium metallic green many years ago as the old fella that bought the car new tired of the gold and wanted it painted to match the car's interior. The paintjob is worn out now but with the exception of a small metal patch on the driver's side rocker, the car is relatively rust-free. It was Ziebarted when new and I'm sure that went a long way to preserving the seldom-driven car. The interior is like new and even the rubber floor is mint. The stock AM radio is in the dash and the center dash speaker works fine. This is actually the first Demon I've ever seen who's inner door-panel logo plates are perfect with no paint fade or rub-off! Amazing...

So you've waited long enough, here are the pics:

IMG_2182_3.sized.jpg

That's bird poop on the 1/4 in case you're wondering...

IMG_2184_5.sized.jpg

IMG_2181_2.sized.jpg

Nice General Lee eh? It's an original 70 Charger R/T 440-4bbl car the P/O is restoring.

Immediate plans for the Demon include the replacement of the cracked up bias-ply tires and a compound and polish of the sheetmetal.

It was Ziebarted when new and I'm sure that went a long way to preserving the seldom-driven car.

It's been a long, long time since I've heard the term "Ziebart" LOL! They still around?

Congratz on the find! Looks like a great start for project.

i think i saw that one in the auto trader for 6500 http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=29128954&pgno=1&srt=1

looks good man. i was thinking of buying it but it was too far way for me

That's the one! The guy selling it had an amazing collection of cars in his warehouse including a 70 Hemi'cuda, a 70 Hemi Challenger 'vert, a 71 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1 69 383 Roadrunner and a 68 Barracuda fastback with a 426 4-speed stuffed in. Other makes included a Cyclone Spoiler, a 70 Mach 1 428SCJ, a 68 GTO Judge, 63 Vette 427, 70 AMX 390 dual quad, 68 GT500, 69 Z28, etc, etc, etc...

Here's an action shot from my wife's Jeep:

DCP_2269.sized.jpg

Hey, right on Dave! I heard you were looking for a Demon.

It's a nice car, but I must say a Demon just doesn't look right with a slant six in it!

65s - aka Neil

Hey, right on Dave! I heard you were looking for a Demon.

It's a nice car, but I must say a Demon just doesn't look right with a slant six in it!

65s - aka Neil

I know! Too evil a car for such a angelic powerplant. I think Demon 440 sounds more like it although I only have a spare 318/727 lying around presently... still trying to convince Gil to let go of that 68 440 engine wasting away in his garage. ;-)

http://www.ziebart.com/ a rustproofing company. Had their own yellow or white plastic plugs to fill the holes they drilled in your car. They guaranteed the rustproofing to keep your car from rotting out. Hope they had good insurance...LOL.

Oh yeah, nice buggy...how many options on that fender tag...looks like a plain jane ride. Should be a keeper.

http://www.ziebart.com/ a rustproofing company. Had their own yellow or white plastic plugs to fill the holes they drilled in your car. They guaranteed the rustproofing to keep your car from rotting out. Hope they had good insurance...LOL.

Oh yeah, nice buggy...how many options on that fender tag...looks like a plain jane ride. Should be a keeper.

Not many. Just the 225 /6, 904 auto, cigarette lighter, deluxe hubcaps and the AM radio/dash-center speaker. It's so strippo it's got a rubber floor (which is near-mint btw)!

Nice score.

That's how my Brother's old '71 Demon was. His was white though, with a /6 904. It was a good car for $500 back in the late 80's early 90's. :iconbigg:

-
Back