I found this in a house I bought............

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

un opened Kendall 10W40 and 6 other cases of newer oil

They are cans................ I'm still unsure what I'm going to do with them. Sell the whole case or single cans. Have you seen what a can of Kendall sells for on e-bag? crazy.

They are cans................ I'm still unsure what I'm going to do with them. Sell the whole case or single cans. Have you seen what a can of Kendall sells for on e-bag? crazy.

No i have not what prey tell are they worth.if ya sell any cans please keep the old snake:-D in mind,

Well gents, I'm here to give you some first hand knowledge of Kendall Motor Oil. My grandfather sold Kendall for 35 years until his retirement in 1981. During those formative years in my youth, we went to a lot of drag races, tractor pulls, round track races and all sorts of other Kendall sponsored events. We hung with the likes of Don Garlits, Chris Karamemesenes, Connie Kallitta, John Tedder, and of course my grandfathers "girlfriend" Linda Vaughn. We used to love to hang out in the pits while my grandpa manned his Kendall sponsors booth, going from pit to pit and sponsor to sponsor, collecting stickers and such.

Kendall had the first synthetic oil, and of course Grandpa pledged his allegiance to Kendall, so to prove how good their new synthetic oil was, he ran his brand new company car 50,000 miles without an oil change. One of my fondest memories though was at the Summernationals in 1976 when my grandfather got to run a grudge match race in his motor home against the Accel bus. It was dubbed the "Big Bus Eliminator", and of course being Kendall powered Grandpas motor home took the win, and the $1.00 in prize money!!! We still have the plaque with the buck!! It was in Popular Hot Rodding magazine with the big busses pulling their holeshots!!! Great fun!!! If I can get my brother to get out and photo some of our memorabilia and post it here, you'll all get a kick out of it. Those were great times, and sad to say that after 35 years on the road selling Kendall, my grandfather died less than 1 year after retiring. We miss him badly, he gave us our love for cars and so much more. Just thought I'd share a little piece of the past from the eyes of lil cosgig!!! Geof

cosgig, that is a very cool story. Hopefully, it will help sell the oil for HemiMark(hey, that would really make you a chip of the old block:-D)

sell it. I wouldn't be suprised if the additives have separated in the oil. I wouldn't use it in a vehicle. good luck....

Since the 416 was completed late 2008 I have used nothing but Kendall. I have always heard good things and wanted to stick with what I feel is good.

I would put it on a shelf stacked in a pyramid like an old gas station as a conversation piece instead of selling it.

Since the 416 was completed late 2008 I have used nothing but Kendall. I have always heard good things and wanted to stick with what I feel is good.

I would put it on a shelf stacked in a pyramid like an old gas station as a conversation piece instead of selling it.
Ok ,here is a pic of him with Linda at Martin Dragway in 1979. Whats really cool/special about this pic that we noticed later is if you look in the background over the white pickup shell you will see "cosgig" sitting on top of the beige camper with his bro "blu340dart" standing on the fence in his Motech shirt and our cousin standing next to me. Even better is on the extreme right standing on the ground in her white pants is our Beloved Grandma. How cool to find out that he was getting his pic taken and we all would be in it:thumrigh: I will look for the artical with the camper race in it and post it.

Attachments

• lastscan.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 536
OK all, heres the whole cosgig clan modeling some of my old Kendall shirts from the 70's. I especially like Mrs. cosgig's shirt..."Wow, what a pair"!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_2915.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 545
  • 100_2916.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 525
Thanks Bro, I knew you'd come through with the goods. It sure brings back great memories to see Grandpa again, I sure miss that dude!!! Geof

Thanks Bro, I knew you'd come through with the goods. It sure brings back great memories to see Grandpa again, I sure miss that dude!!! Geof
Heres an old jacket as modeled by "Mrsblu340dart"

Attachments

• 101_0808.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 514
Very nice, I used to use GT-1 all the time in my 340 dragster.

You brothers have quite the memories to carry around!!!! How neat.

It's funny how life comes around, it used to be there was nothing but going faster and faster, now the management/directors are trying to slow us all down in our automotive endeavors.

I have some of the old oil cans with the oil still in them...my brother was telling me I should dump the oil and keep the cans...I would think they would be worth more with the oil in them. But it may destroy the cans.
Any oil can collectors with an opinion.

I've seen a lot of very old unopened oil cans and I've never heard of the oil damaging one. Opening it would lower the value.

-
Back