I found this in a house I bought............

-
They are cans................ I'm still unsure what I'm going to do with them. Sell the whole case or single cans. Have you seen what a can of Kendall sells for on e-bag? crazy.
tell you what, I'll send you a 20 and you send me one can, how bout that? I GOTTA HAVE ONE FOR MY CAVE!!!!:-D

I've seen a lot of very old unopened oil cans and I've never heard of the oil damaging one. Opening it would lower the value.

Ya gotta ask that guy on American Pickers.

These actually have the 'cardboard' sides and metal bottoms. So I guess he was saying that the oil would harm the cardboard after a long period of time...course they are pretty old already.

OK, I was wondering if anyone was gonna chime in with the "2000 Mile Oil" question regarding Kendall. According to Grandpa, long ago before oil technology is what it is today, oil typically broke down quicker, had little to no additives, and only came in single weights. The most mileage you could expect out of an oil change was 1000 miles, which wasn't a problem back then because people did not commute long distances to work and such as we do today. Well, Kendall was so widely regarded as a premimum oil that they claimed that they're oil was twice as good as any other oil, so in a stroke of early sloganism, they came up with the "2000 Mile Oil" moniker. Just a little trivia from Big Sam Carnell!!! Geof

I may buy one for silly kicks, let us know if you're parting them out :p

I'll throw a $20 down for one too

I did see a paper oil can start to leak, so if these are paper there is a chance that they could develop a leak.

-
Back