I got a heavy bucket

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
My neighbor moved to North Carolina and for obvious reasons decided to not take this with him.

20220209_113708.jpg

I have other weights that I enjoy working with but dam. This thing is a monster.

Just to pick it up, I need to center my self.

You dont casually just pick this up.
(Well, I sure as **** dont)

I used to live above a very expensive "Cross Fit" gym. The folks pay to hit tires with hammers, flip tires over. Pretend to walk up stairs and all that.

I would walk by the glass windows thinking, "you stupid bastards, id let you carry my groceries up the stairs for free".

Im not sure why I feel the kettlebell is any different but I very much like its simple approach.
Its heavy.
You move it around.
You get stronger.

Simple. Easy. Cheap.

If nothing else it will hold my door open.

:)

Last edited:
Come on man, you're young you should be able to curl that. :D

Chuck it?

Yes Sir.

If I had a yard I would.

Its just cool and anyone that grew up watching the strong man cant say any less.

Is it super useful? No.

Is it super cool and good for a few things? Yes.

And anyone that makes fun of it can't pick it up.

It's amazing how "heavy" it feels.

And throw it I would. If I could.

I think it would be ok?

Last edited:
The Turkish Get Up is one move that I've never been able to perform gracefully or with any substantial weight at all. It's deceivingly complex.

I don't do CrossFit, but at work we do workouts with big tires, fire hose, sometimes do a bear crawl while dragging kettlebells. Functional fitness is where it's at. Good score on that beast!

Dont get me wrong I can see the value in cross fit.

For one, they take our used tires for free off the big trucks.

It always gave me a laugh to watch folks pay money then pretend to do work.

Id be thinking. **** come to my shop. You can move heavy tires around for free. Stick around long enough and I will pay YOU to move the dam tires.

Then there is "step class" OMG....

Literally, RIGHT OUT SIDE the big windows is a big *** stair case that us poor folks HAVE to walk up. I guess in theory I was paying to walk up it because I payed rent there BUT no one says you cant walk up it and down it for free.

I get it. They have desk jobs and want to stay healthy and active but as a guy who worked manual labor most of my life it dose make me chuckle to see folks pay money, then pretend to do work.

I always wanted to tell them. Someone is supposed to PAY YOU to swing a sledge hammer.... and its not for hitting old tires...

Couldn't agree more. The only reason I say we do that stuff at work is because I'm with the fire department and it's part of our job.

It's strange to me that someone would pay to do an exercise that they could do for free otherwise. Precisely why I don't subscribe to the whole CrossFit cult.

When I was young (I grew up on a dairy farm), my grandfather told me this:
"When a new calf is born, go out to the barn each day and pick it up 5 times, morning and afternoon. In one year you'll be lifting an adult cow."
I actually bought that for a while... until reality set in. :)
OIP.S2UjPJz9-ytmJVOttg5ycwHaLE?w=116&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg

-
Back