I got lucky today !!!!!!!!!!

-

65BCODA

Reaction score
After having a much needed time at home from work, I got back on the road yesterday morning headed back to PA for work. I left central FL yesterday a.m. and made a layover in Fayetteville NC for the night. This is what I woke up to this morning.I feel very lucky to still have my tools to make a living with.

truck111 003 (Small).jpg

truck111 004 (Small).jpg

truck111 006 (Small).jpg

truck111 012 (Small).jpg

I left Orlando, etc, in 1980, after crap like that. I moved to a rural part of Orange Park, Fl. Where the neighbors will shoot punks messing with your property.

looks like the person who went to steal that knew what was in it or something about it

That pisses me off BCODA. Worthless punks.Sliding back glass on trucks is just an invitation for those bastards. Interstate 95 corridor is rife with that type of crap unfortunately. Glad to here it wasn't worse.

Oldschoolcuda

The police who showed up to take the report said that they have had a rash of truck/trailer combo thefts in the past month or so. The perps are targeting them knowing that people transport cars/bikes/tools in such combo's Just last week out of the same hotel lot they took a '08 F250/22 ft trailer with 2 new Harley's inside.

I keep the side door secured from the inside and someone would really have to work hard to cut into the rear drop door. I normaly try to back the trailer up to a dumpster or light pole when traveling. I always park in a well lit area and within site of my room. As they say " The only thing a lock do's is keep an honest man out"
I'm in the market for a Parking Enforcement Boot now!!! Any one know where to source one?
Oldschool, yeah I'm adding a headache rack with exspanded metal Monday.

Roger, You need to put a picture of yourself on the side of the trailer and after seeing who they're jerkin with they will keep walking. Guys, he's one big dude. Isn't that the truck you had when you came by the house? Would sorta make a man a little hostile. Keep in touch Roger.
Small Block

Dayum Roger, and here I was hoping your lame internet connection was the only problem you'd have at the EconoLodge. The email I just sent about your HP 273 Commando valve covers wished you a safe and uneventful trip ... guess that's moot now. Hopefully the "after" pics will brighten your spirits a bit! :-D

Well Glad they didn't get your tool's roger and thank's again for the parts and t was nice meeting Ya!!

Hey Roger - Try posting yellow caution signs on both sides of the truck - CAUTION - LIVE SNAKES INSIDE!! My brother did that whenever he took his van into DC and never had a problem. By the way, parting the 66 Barracuda is no farther along than when you saw it! Have a great trip back to PA.

Cant trust people sometimes. Man I hate a thief. You are very lucky.

Well I'm having a steel headache rack installed this week to block access to the rear window. Then looking into some other disableing devices for the truck.

Smallblock, maybe I'll start sleeping in the trailer, can you imagine the look on their face when they open the door and see a pissed off Sasqwuatch staring out of the darkness at em!!!!!!!

I normaly get up and get rolling by 3 a.m. when traveling from one site to the next to beat the traffic, I was lazy this day due to just being on vacation, it would have been nice to catch em sitting behind the wheel.

Sorry to hear man, that sucks big time.

I had someone try to break in to my diamond plate truck toolbox many years ago when I used to travel for work. This was in a hotel lot in Albuquerque. Something must've scared them off though as they only managed to bust off one of the latches. Hotel lots are the absolute worst for thieves.

They do sell GPS alarm systems so you can track your truck and trailer. Just a thought.

051810 002.jpg

Deja Vu all over again......Amarillo,TX this is how I start my day

Three other vehicles got hit as well

051810 003.jpg

They got a digital camera and GPS, both items were stashed under the seat, I guess the little plastic disc on the dash was the tip off, headed to the local Ford dealer now for new glass.

051810 002.jpg

051810 003.jpg

Damn... just aint you trip..... me being the paranoid person I am would be sleeping in my truck after two hits like that.

That sucks..been goin on like that in NC for years. We used to race a kart circuit and NC was always the worst for trailers and trucks being broken into and/or stolen. I had my Jeep broken into in my own parking lot in PA and my office was 10ft away, I wouldn't want to deal with it first thing in the morning. Wish you better luck on the balance of your trip. Where in PA are you headed?

Dave

Damn Roger, maybe you should have taken another couple of days of down time. I really hate these bastards that have nothing better to do than steal and destroy other people's property.

Man that sucks and I know the feeling. Since your first post on this thread in Sept '09 I had the same thing happen in my Jeep.

The original thread was Sept. 09 FL enroute to Reading , PA

I'm now in Ammarillo, TX getting ready to head to FL

This my 5th time in as many years. Just as I start feeling not so paranoid this crap happens. I was parked no more than 12 ft from front door.

-
Back