I got robbed :(

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
So...while we were moving from the old place to the new, someone took quite a bit from the garage we had our stuff in. The short list...

1 440, complete, disassembled
1 400 , complete, partially disassembled
2 318's, both disassembled, one was everything but the block for my Demon....thank God that was in the back.of my truck.
Two 727B transmission cores
an extra set of 452 casting heads
1 Dakota R/T rear end.
About 200 Laser Disc movies
3 HD DVD players
2 carter AFB carbs and one holley 3310-2
I think they also got my 3.91 Suregrip but I'm I not positive about that.

I was able to get the 318/727 that came from my 72 1/2 ton aa well as a Dana 60 and the k-frame with disc brakes for my Demon that was in the back yard. They also get all the trim that was from both the Demon and Duster.

Once we get caught back up from buying this place I'll be looking to start over collecting the parts for my stroker Duster project. Or I may just say screw it and sell it off...dunno yet. Getting tired of starting over on that car. :(

j

You can bet your *** they didn't even know what they got. Try checkin your local scrap yards.

It's a damn shame someones got to get ripped off all the time. I wish it was not that way but so many dirtbags around that don't work and just pray on the honest hard working folk. My garage is not at my house and I worry alot about this stuff as well. Sorry this happened to you but keep your ear to the ground and put the word out to all the Mopar people you know. Watch that Cragslist as it has lots of stolen stuff on it and call about every mopar part that is for sale and maybe you can get a line on your stuff.
+

My thoughts exactly! And don't delay. Scrap yards around hear want your driver's license for ID and they take a pic of your mug too. The yard I go to isn't all that big and engine blocks don't show up all too often.

was probably an "inside job" had to be someone with access to the old place and knew the stuff was there ;) my guess is that it's kinda doubtful it was a random stranger

i.e. a neighbor or a new owner or someone who knew you were moving said to a buddy "pssst i know where a bunch of parts are sitting bring your truck over"

frikken thiefs in this world

i would approach each of the people in that category, and let them know you dont know who did it and dont have any proof but you hope that what goes around comes around and they enjoy some bad karma returns this year

was probably an "inside job" had to be someone with access to the old place and knew the stuff was there ;) my guess is that it's kinda doubtful it was a random stranger

i.e. a neighbor or a new owner or someone who knew you were moving said to a buddy "pssst i know where a bunch of parts are sitting bring your truck over"

frikken thiefs in this world

I agree big time took some time to sort this out.

i would watch CL with an eagles eye.that really sucks ***, i know how discouraging it can be to have to keep starting over. i feel your pain.

That Sux !!

Glad you still have the original Demon block though....

Agreed... watch craigslist for your stuff....

-RPM

Quietly check for the Laser Discs to be sold somewhere. They are rare items and since they didn't get the laser disc player they are useless to whomever stole your stuff.

I hope your new place brings you much happiness.

So...while we were moving from the old place to the new, someone took quite a bit from the garage we had our stuff in. The short list...

1 440, complete, disassembled
1 400 , complete, partially disassembled
2 318's, both disassembled, one was everything but the block for my Demon....thank God that was in the back.of my truck.
Two 727B transmission cores
an extra set of 452 casting heads
1 Dakota R/T rear end.
About 200 Laser Disc movies
3 HD DVD players
2 carter AFB carbs and one holley 3310-2
I think they also got my 3.91 Suregrip but I'm I not positive about that.

I was able to get the 318/727 that came from my 72 1/2 ton aa well as a Dana 60 and the k-frame with disc brakes for my Demon that was in the back yard. They also get all the trim that was from both the Demon and Duster.

Once we get caught back up from buying this place I'll be looking to start over collecting the parts for my stroker Duster project. Or I may just say screw it and sell it off...dunno yet. Getting tired of starting over on that car. :(

j

Sorry to hear about this. That really sucks. I agree that somebody had to had known that you were in between moving and what you had in the garage. It had to take a truck, more than one person and a bit of time to get those engines. Don't let it discourage you from the Mopar thing though. I hope you eventually find out who did it.

That really sucks big time. I have to agree that it was someone who knew. I would, and you probably have, question every neighbor personally. I hope you catch them.

Damn that bites. I hope you made a police report and get all your stuff back.

Keep an eye on the local classifieds. Sorry to hear about your losses. Those parts aren't as common as they used to be, pass the word around, post signs talk to everyone in the neighbourhood. That is a lot of heavy equip, someone had to see something. Good Luck!

Thanks for all the support. I have been hawking CL since I found out. That Holley on Ebay isn't mine...Mine didn't have a choke ;) I found an intake I thought I had lost, and I could swear some of the thing I think got taken were in my truck in one of the loads, I'm just not sure where we put it LOL!

As far as Mopar goes, there is no way I will leave the camp. I have my Demon that is far more solid a starting point, and am actively looking for a 71/70 Dart Swinger I can put my 340 in. I am thinking of pulling the 340 from the Duster when the weather clears, drop the 440/SS 727 in, and listing it for $3K to see if I get any bites. I could prolly be talked into a trade...{hint, hint} ;)

Anyway...the Laser Discs hurt the most as I had a few collectible sets, like the Star Wars Ultimate Box set, an original Ep 1 LD with AC3 Dolby Digital ( Sounded FANTASTIC ) and a few other collectible box sets :( Gonna talk to the guy that helped me move stuff ( he still has the 440/727, 5.9/46RE, and a 360/727 ) in the back of his truck. Since he was so good to help me, I gave him my 360/727 for his 86 Dually. I offered him the 440, but I think he is gonna stick with the 360 ;)

I think I'll post a feeler thread in the for sale section to see if anything happens...

Fear not...I am MOPAR to the core ( except for the Volvo I want ;) and will always have a MOPAR or three in my stable :D

j

Check with Skagit Steel in Burlington and there is another scrap yard in Bellingham . Call and let them know what was stolen , they will look out for it .

Wow! That's quite a lot of stuff, that also weighs a lot, and is pretty bulky. That sounds like they had a lot of time to do as they pleased.

I'm real sorry to read this, man. That completely sucks.

I hope you find your stuff, and if you ever find out who did this to you, prosecute them to the fullest extent the law allows. Whether you know them, or not.
If you find out who and can't prove it, well...

Sucks for you, man. Sorry. :cwm21:

This really sucks. It certainly does sound strange with the timing of it all. Hopefully someone will spot where these things are and get you some justice.

Grant

-
Back