I got something to say

-
Every year it's the same thing. The Leafs start the season well, planning starts on the Stanley Cup parade, then reality sets in [usually by game 30] & it becomes "Wait till next year"
The only good thing is that the Leafs are waaaaay better the the Habs.
As far as my team, the "Jets", hey we're still just happy to have been invited to the party. Hopefully we'll make the playoffs. If not "Wait till next year":cheers:

The leafs have been saying " wait until next year" since 1967!! Mind you they have won a stanley cup unlike some teams!! LOL

My poor old garndfather went to his grave while waiting for "his" leafs to win another cup, but he never gave up hope! I promised him that when the leafs won the cup again we would have a beer and I plan to honour that promise.

My poor old garndfather went to his grave while waiting for "his" leafs to win another cup, but he never gave up hope! I promised him that when the leafs won the cup again we would have a beer and I plan to honour that promise.

Hope you're still around for that, but somehow I doubt it.

BTW; What do the Leafs & the Bombers have in common? Neither team can win a championship & the fans still show up to cheer them on. [Not like some other teams]

That a boy ,hey give us Lindy Ruff for a year and we will grant your wish.Thats what the Leafs lack a strong tell it like it is coach.

Hope you're still around for that, but somehow I doubt it.

BTW; What do the Leafs & the Bombers have in common? Neither team can win a championship & the fans still show up to cheer them on. [Not like some other teams]

OUCH themssssssssssssss is fighting wordsssssssssssssssss:violent1::banghead::finga:LOL

Sorry dude that my Sabres had to end your Leaf's winning streak, but there is always next year!! LOL

:finga:

All kidding aside, I've always thought that the reason the Leafs weren't a better team was that the owners could really care less if Leafs won or lost. A cup winning team costs lots of money, so why spend, if the fans will pack the stands win, lose or draw.

All kidding aside, I've always thought that the reason the Leafs weren't a better team was that the owners could really care less if Leafs won or lost. A cup winning team costs lots of money, so why spend, if the fans will pack the stands win, lose or draw.

That is SOOO true!!

Bingoooooooooooooooooooooo

Try doing that in Montreal and see what happens! The rink would be almost empty and the few people there would be booing!!

I cheered for the Leafs for years as a kid before expansion gave us western teams to cheer for. The Oilers gave us some fantastic years and Calgary has had success as well. I was happy to be done with the Leafs and their management woes.

Anyone notice Nash showing his stuff? Incredible and I think its going to get better as the team gels. With the trading that goes on now, and the politics in the game I find myself less attached to teams and more interested in watching certain players.

I have a hard time watching the regular season but try to watch as much as possible during playoffs.

although us habs fans have had little to cheer about for a few years...i still get chills when i see a sweater!

sorry Don...it's a flaw in my character
here's one for you
"fitty' goals...fitty games",
one of the all time greats!

-
Back