I gotta question....Magnum intake parts...

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are these "Magnum" intake parts for?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=DCC-5007638&autoview=sku

OH! And WTF is the deal on the same looking M-1 single plane intake for Magnums being rated in different RPM bands and wacked on price? I don't see a difference in the race one and the other one.

The "LA" M-1 single is rated @ idle to 5600 hundered? LOL

Rumble those parts must be used to install a M1 on a Magnum engine. Don't look like anything we'd ever use on a LA.

I looked in the mopar performance catalog and couldn't find out anyting on the M1. They list it but don't give a rpm range.

I see what your saying about the rpm range on Summit. Summit's site probably screwed up the rpm rating. Lately I've caught allot of errors on Summit. In the past I have usually seen the single plane rated from 2000-6000 and the dual plane from idle to 5500.

The bolts look like the bolts that mount the intake to the heads, there is a nipple for the bypass hose and an assortment of pipe plugs to plug unused holes and some vacuum caps. No idea what the spacers, the block or the wiring & crimp terminals are needed for. Spacers may be used to support fuel rails if going efi!

Price seems pretty steep for most all the parts being availabel at the local hardware store or HELP section at the parts store.

What are these "Magnum" intake parts for?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=DCC-5007638&autoview=sku

OH! And WTF is the deal on the same looking M-1 single plane intake for Magnums being rated in different RPM bands and wacked on price? I don't see a difference in the race one and the other one.

The "LA" M-1 single is rated @ idle to 5600 hundered? LOL

Those parts are for a fuel injection manifold.

Complete the installation of your new intake manifold.
These Mopar Performance Magnum intake installation kits are required to install Mopar Performance Magnum single plane multi-port fuel injection manifolds. They include all necessary bolts, hardware, spacers, and wire.

OOOOOOOOO, that mixed bag od blocks and stuff is for the FI set up. Cool man cool. I really wasn't seeing that with that "L" looking block and 4 tubes.

If this works, heres a comparo page I spliced togther with 3 M-1 singles. 1 LA, 2 Magnum. Not only is the RPM range got me, but those price swings.....yikes!

I can not seem to see a difference in the 2 magnum intakes.

Drats! Probably reset itself after I got off line.

Do MP Performance, carb intakes, single plane, you'll see'em all.

-
Back