I had these wheels and needed a car for them.

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I had these wheels and needed a car for them. It's true I had these small bolt pattern 15X3.5 and 15X8 steel wheels that I bought over a year ago at one of the spring fling events.

So last week I found this little gem and picked it up.

Original owner took his wife to the dealer to buy her a car. She seen this Valiant on the turn table in the showroom and said that's the one. This Valiant led a pampered life going to the store and around town for 39 years and was always garaged. Years later she passed away and he kept the car till he was put in to a rest home. With 70,000 original miles it was sold to the young female college student who used it as a daily driver for the last 4 years till buying a new car. It now has 95,000 miles on it and has been repainted with a crappy single stage paint job and has some dents and dings.

But the core car is just perfect. Everything works! I drove it 130 miles home without even test driving it. LOL... I managed 24mpg on the way home mostly down hill freeway driving but I was still impressed with this little slant six. You can't even hear it running at intersections.

So the plan is just a cool little cruiser. This weekend I painted the wheels to match and put them on also lowered the rear with a couple hundred pounds of ballast and cranked the torsion bars down a little in the front. Other that that its going to get some interior work and I think it's done.

Here some pictures

Attachments

• 1969 Valiant Signet 001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 1969 Valiant Signet 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 1969 Valiant Signet 002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 1969 Valiant Signet 004.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 297
It's was kind of cute with the stock wheels, but being a big ugly guy I had to give it some attitude. :D

Attachments

• 1969 Valiant Signet 012.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 1969 Valiant Signet 010.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 296
  • 1969 Valiant Signet 009.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 293
It's was kind of cute with the stock wheels, but being a big ugly guy I had to give it some attitude. :D

Man I could cut that one up good! Looks like a whole different car with those wheels. Screeeeems Sleeper. I see 500 HP Small block with a 200 Shot on it!! :D

What a cream puff.
Be thankful the thumbwheel radio is in there and they put an aftermarket under the dash.
Inquiry minds want to know how much did you give for it, if you dont mind.

Man I could cut that one up good! Looks like a whole different car with those wheels. Screeeeems Sleeper. I see 500 HP Small block with a 200 Shot on it!! :D

LOL... it would be a nice start.

Attachments

• 1969 Valiant Signet 007.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 276
I don't want to talk price, But I will say it wasn't a steal. However I thought it was a good deal for a car that everything works and is a driver with a solid body.

I can say it is a 5000 dollar car easy, here on the east coast.

Amazing what a set of wheels can do to a car's personality. All you needed was a phone booth in the background :).

Looks like a real clean car. Nice find.

Grant

Wow...the underside looks nicer than some of the 5 year old vehicles I've seen here in Michigan. Nice score!

WOW!!! Very sharp and clean unmolested Valiant, congratulations

I know Ron Silva just had one of those, but, I bet he wouldn't have minded finding that one. Clean car for sure.

I know Ron Silva just had one of those, but, I bet he wouldn't have minded finding that one. Clean car for sure.

I emailed him about the car. Havent heard back from him. I'm not sure the car is clean enough for his taste being repainted. It also has some small dents here and there. Probably looks beter in pictures than it is but still a cool little car. It's the only Mopar I think I've ever owned that the dash still has chrome on it and every gauge and light works in it.

Thought it looked familiar. I saw parked with for sale signs in. I checked it out, it is a very clean car. Nice score. The wheels are a nice touch. Do you still have your 68?

Ian

-
Back