I hate airports!

-

Gryzynx

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Used up my Aeroplan miles for an upcoming flight. As I booked the ticket, it became apparant that there would be some charges. All this and 5 years of collecting for a round trip to Regina.

When did fees get so out of hand??????

Summary of Airport Taxes, Fees & Surcharges

The following airport taxes, fees & surcharges were applicable to your reward booking:

Adult(s)

Canada Domestic/International Air Travel Security Charge

$14.25

Canada Harmonized Sales Tax

$13.59

Canada Domestic/International Airport Improvement Fee

$30.00

Canada Goods And Service Tax

$0.75

Fuel Surcharge

$54.00

NAV Canada - Air Navigation Services

$30.00

Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges per passenger

$142.59

Total passengers

Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges per passenger type

$142.59

Total airport taxes, fees and surcharges (CAD)
$142.59

I don't see a thing wrong, there. You don't want to have non-harmonious taxes, as opposed to the nice, harmonious ones, right?

And you wouldn't want to depart the airport without fuel on board, right?

And how 'bout navigation? I guess just flying by looking down and counting rooftops is OK if the pilot can SEE the rooftops, so it sounds like having access to navigational services is a good idea, ya?

What is the harmonious tax? I'm thinking your paying for the airline to pump some gas in the cabin that keeps people nice and calm. I mean if no one paid that tax then that flight would be all anarchy, with people getting into fights and the flight attendants just there to keep score and call out round changes. Now that I've said that I think I want to be a flight attendant with an all female flight of model and watch the gloves (and clothes) come off! So HELL yeah don't pay that harmonious tax!!!!

-
Back