I hate beavers.

-
I fail to understand how beavers destroy ponds, this whole time, and my life experiences taught me that beaver #1 makes ponds......

And beaver #2 makes puddles.......

We like both kinds of beavers here, #1s eat lily pads, and #2's are good to eat, well, at least some are.

I fail to understand how beavers destroy ponds, this whole time, and my life experiences taught me that beaver #1 makes ponds......

And beaver #2 makes puddles.......

We like both kinds of beavers here, #1s eat lily pads, and #2's are good to eat, well, at least some are.

I'm not going to argue about beaver #2, but beaver #1 can destroy ponds. A pond like ours has a dam and a rock spill way over the dam to let water out. When the beavers stop up the spill way and the water starts to run over the dam it will wash the dam away and then there is no pond.

There was an area about 1.5 miles north of my house that had woods and glades and a nice meandering creek that ran through it. It was home to beavers, (you could always see their work), deer, rabbit, racoons opossums, etc.. It was a really nice place to walk, get away from it all for a while, and enjoy the world the way it was before man started f*cking it up. That was about 2 years ago, now the area`s been converted into a Balleys fitness center, Cracker Barrel restaurant, and condominiums. We didn`t need any of this crap, the condos are sitting empty and the fitness center is struggling to keep the doors open. Frankly, I would like to have kept the creek, complete with beaver.

contact your fish and game officer and see if they can relocate them. they usually will at no cost

-
Back