I hate BMW’s

-
Never had to get it. I was told that if you don't put down the required amount at signing you can't get the car
If the car gets totaled in a wreck, then the lessee is responsible for the shortfall; and there most likely will be a shortfall.

I leased one car more than 20 years ago, but I rolled the dice and did not get the GAP insurance.

I loved BMWs being stationed in Germany. Buddy had a late 80s straight 6 with a 5 spd. Pretty much a hand me down base car. What a fun ride would go 130mph on autobahn easy.

Gotta take this off, so I can remove that, and be able to fix something that is actually the problem.

That and it seems like every fastener takes a different tool.

Good machines if you don’t have to work on em.
You hate Big Mexican Women??? I don't understand......

And you always have payments, here in Missouri you still have to pay sales tax, personal property tax and put down as much as 10k so I don't see any advantage. I don't like having payments all the time
Doesn’t bother me one bit since I have plenty of money.

Sorry, but another negative thing about leasing is that your responsible for any exterior or interior repairs and also if the car has had tires put on it they have to be what the car came new with. I know these things as I've talked to people who have leased a Car, I've talked to both a car dealership and the local dmv.
This is simply not true. I have never paid out for any interior or exterior repairs nor for any tire repair.

This is simply not true. I have never paid out for any interior or exterior repairs nor for any tire repair.
When you turn in a lease vehicle, the dealership charges you for any repairs needed in hail damage, ripped seats. I looked into a lease and this is in the contract. If you put tires on it they have to be the same brand as the car came with When the car was new

I have known a LOT of people who have had a lot of trouble with theirs, and it is expensive!

No offense to the people you have known, and I've known some too, but some people

1) should be careful of buying some years/models. They should do their homework.

2) should learn to troubleshoot problems, have good scanners, and (for German cars) have a Robert Bentley Manual. However, people that buy solely for "prestige" don't work on cars.

3) should not stick their head under the hood of a car...any car.

I've never bought a new BMW. I've bought a few CPO BMWs that were obsessed over by the first owner. Let them take the new car depreciation hit and I get the nice BMW CPO warranty. I don't know if today's CPO warranty is a good deal.

I owned a bunch of newer ones and have a love hate relationship with that brand . I owned one for only 2 months after it let me down. My current BMW is a 98 Z3M roadster. This winter I fixed the ZF gearbox due to a design flaw. Last week I had to buy a 14mm Allen key socket to change the diff oil. I’ll never use that tool again.

If the car gets totaled in a wreck, then the lessee is responsible for the shortfall; and there most likely will be a shortfall.

I leased one car more than 20 years ago, but I rolled the dice and did not get the GAP insurance.
Same as if you bought it. When I buy new I always put half down that way I don't have to get the high dollar gap rip off insurance

I don't mean any disrespect to those who wish to lease their vehicles, it's just I can't justify putting out money every month on something that I'll never own.

When you turn in a lease vehicle, the dealership charges you for any repairs needed in hail damage, ripped seats. I looked into a lease and this is in the contract. If you put tires on it they have to be the same brand as the car came with When the car was new
Wrong Dan. I’m done arguing with you. I’ll reiterate it to you one more time. I’ve never paid a penny more than the cost of the lease itself.

Wrong Dan. I’m done arguing with you. I’ll reiterate it to you one more time. I’ve never paid a penny more than the cost of the lease itself.
But, but, but....

Dan has actually talked to people about this! I mean...C'mon! How much more proof do you need?

:lol:

Last edited:
I've known some people that just had to have a "prestige" foreign car, but couldn't afford a new one. So, they let the salesman talk them into a lease because the monthly payment is lower.

Sir, I'm not trying to argue with you, I was only saying what has happened to some people who have leased a vehicle. I'm glad that you have never had to pay more for the lease than what was required. Our neighbor had a lease car that he had put tires on before his lease was up and since they wasn't the brand the car came from the factory with the dealer put on the so called correct tires and he had to pay for them he also had to pay for the mileage that he had went over according to his lease agreement do you know if that's true? In no way was I meaning that this would be the case for you. At one time I was going to lease a new mustang and by the time they got done telling me all that I could be held responsible for I changed my mind. Again, I didn't mean to argue about it. Have a good day

But, but, but....

Dan has actually talked to people about this! I mean...C'mon! How much more proof do you need?

Well, we have a family member who's leased a vehicle and it was a nightmare. I think that it's a ripoff to pay sales tax and personal property taxes on something that you don't own, I'm not doing that

But, but, but....

Maybe your jealous because some of the points I made about leasing a vehicle may vary well maybe true and you may not want to admit that I might be right. As I said earlier I have talked to those who have leased vehicle's, I talked to different dealers about it and my local dmv and I believe that they probably know more about then you do.

i love how DTM goes from: "what are the benefits to leasing a car" to knowing all about it in the span of six posts and several hours.

this is why people clown on you all the time.

i'm sure the DMV knows all about leasing a car. jfc. *makes wanking motion*

Allowable lease terms can vary State to State. In PA, if You think You're not paying more for Your new lease if You bring Your ride in with tires worn down, brakes burned up, & body/paint damage...You're delusional.
How do I know? I'm the guy that did the turn-in inspections, that the Customer had to sign-off on the report & contract stating They acknowleged the damage & un/under-performed maintanance.
Maybe the Bavarians are fisting everybody hard enough that they needn't worry about it, there's always that.

I owned a bunch of newer ones and have a love hate relationship with that brand . I owned one for only 2 months after it let me down. My current BMW is a 98 Z3M roadster. This winter I fixed the ZF gearbox due to a design flaw. Last week I had to buy a 14mm Allen key socket to change the diff oil. I’ll never use that tool again.

Fortunately the 325 went away, but I still have a R1200gs here.
I wish it would go away too.
Takes a special tool just to add oil to it.

IMG_5429.jpeg

It's the same thing with a jeep, just empty every pocket
Depends on what kind of Jeep you are talking about. A 40s or 50s military jeep might be expensive to restore and maintain, but I am on my 5th Jeep now. I have owned a 1995 Grand Cherokee, a 2004 Grand Cherokee, a 2007 Grand Cherokee, a 2018 Grand Cherokee and my current 2023 Gladiator. In all those years, and at least 450,000 driving miles, I had virtually no issues. I don't count brakes and other such wear out things. In all those years, I had to take my Jeep to the dealer 4 times; once for a Throttle Position sensor ($325), once for the turn signal switch ($345) and two times for minor items under warranty. I did not want to mess with the turn signal switch because it required messing with the air bag. I figure that over 450,000 miles of driving for $470 worth maintenance was not bad at all. I never had to replace any front suspension parts and I never had to replace any exhaust parts (stainless steel systems). I am SOLD on Jeeps. How many other people have had such great luck with a single make?

Last edited:
My family has been thru, and still driving Cherokee's of some sort.
My grand-daughter is about to put her first car on the road, 2000 Cherokee.
Made her drive a ferd for a year first, no accidents, so now licencing "her" car. lol

Fortunately the 325 went away, but I still have a R1200gs here.
I wish it would go away too.
Takes a special tool just to add oil to it.

View attachment 1716240881
An ex-coworker had a BMW bike, not sure if it was the same exact model, but he used to ***** about that plug as well.

Nice handling bike, though!

-
Back