i hate it when i get wrong parts......

-

360duster

Reaction score
need new pushrods for a friends build, 5/16" ball / cup with around 9.35" overall length. So i checked online, summit lists comp 7432-16 as 3/8" diameter, 9.4" OAL, 5/16" ball / cup --> that´ll work. Ok, shop here has these available, today i got these.....to find out that the pushrods have 3/8" ball / cup.....obviously a mistake from manufacturer himself. After reading the comments others found the same problem....damn, why did`nt i read this before?

Ok, rant over. Who´s the go-to guy regarding custom pushrods, fast turnaround appreciated?

Thanks, Michael

Smith Brothers, they'll make whatever you want. But if you're in Germany, a "build you're own" kit might be faster.

They are new Indy for 440 stock block/heads solid adjustable that
are 9.175. they cost me $80.00 and you can have them for that price.
Way back them. Cup is 5/16 and ball is 3/8

A couple of years ago I got a Comp Big Block cam/lifter kit from Summit. Lifters were sloppy in the bore so I measured them...Ford lifters (Mopar part number on the box). Summit sent out another set of Comp lifters. Same thing, Ford diameter. They exchanged them for a set of Crane lifters that I swear came off the same assembly line, except that they were Mopar lifters. The box was the same exact dimensions and construction. The printed label was the same layout with the same fonts...

Last edited:
need new pushrods for a friends build, 5/16" ball / cup with around 9.35" overall length. So i checked online, summit lists comp 7432-16 as 3/8" diameter, 9.4" OAL, 5/16" ball / cup --> that´ll work. Ok, shop here has these available, today i got these.....to find out that the pushrods have 3/8" ball / cup.....obviously a mistake from manufacturer himself. After reading the comments others found the same problem....damn, why did`nt i read this before?

Ok, rant over. Who´s the go-to guy regarding custom pushrods, fast turnaround appreciated?

Thanks, Michael
You could try Manton Pushrods Lake Elsinore Ca. 92530. 951-245-6565 Riverside county, Ca.

Thanks, Michael
I dont know how old this post is , but I`ve got a brand new set of comp 9.4 pushrods in the orig box , never used 5/16x5/16 , 3/8'' diameter...double ordered by mistake back about 11ish yrs ago...

Hi Bob, thanks for your feedback! new Pushrods were ordered from Manton, are on the way at the moment. Yours would have been ok!

Michael

-
Back