I hate to admit it, BUT

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't make a habit of street racing, but this guy pissed me off.

Here's the story.
Yesterday a friend needed some help with the Dart he is building, so I jumped in the Demon and went over to his place. When I was done I had to meet my brother at his house he is building to go over the plans I drew for him. I was on one of the local 4 lane streets at a light when a civic pulled up beside me and revved his fart can up. I just looked and laughed at him. I guess he didn't like that very much seeing as he flipped me the bird. The smile disappeared from my face and I just pointed straight in front of us. He nodded and we waited for the light. Green light and I let him go first, not much first but enough to let me know he wanted to race for real. I stomped on it and the Demon hooked real good. I didn't get air but I wasn't far from it. I passed him at the 1-2 shift and stayed in it till the 2-3 shift. I let off and looked in the mirror and he was a good 10 lengths behind me. I slowed it down to the speed limit but he wouldn't come up beside me again. He took the next right turn, not to be seen again.
I don't know what these guy's are thinking when they come up to a muscle car that is sitting there shaking from the engine idle, look like they are set up to race and have an old fart like me sitting behind the wheel. It doesn't take much of a thought process to figure out this car might be the real deal. I think these must be the same guy's that yell, "light-er-up" all the time. Morons!!!

Jack

glad to hear it .us old men need to show them punks a thing or two.i,d have done the same thing.

Nice one. I can't wait to smoke some fart can driving punks in my non-assuming little convertible. HAHAHA

Agreed - good kill! Time to put up a flag decal on the rear quarter window showing the 'kill'. Nothing like good ol' Detroit muscle to burn the ricers. Can't wait to get my Dart finished!!!

I know it's tough to walk away from these dorks but thats exactly what I do now. The motor vehicle laws in Washington have gotten so nasty that it isn't worth the trouble or jail time.

Chuck

you sent him home with a well deserved spankin :cheers:
too bad his buds weren't around to see it

If you get caught doing that here you get crucified, unfortunatley the damn kids in their ricers keep killing themselves ruining all the fun for us old guys. A while back my wife heard on the radio that in LA they crush your car if you're caught street racing #-o

Yep...LA and in Canada.......you get caught street racing your car an parts are crushed......most states have upped the fines some to 10K

"Nice kill"'??? he beat a fart can rice burner..go to the track and beat some real cars....

As I said, I don't make a habit of this. Hell, I don't even open it up very often in any gear. I'm not sure what they throw at you in the courts around here but I have never heard of anybody losing a car unless they wrapped it around a pole or something.

340srule, I would love to take it to the local track and beat on it. The only problem is, the local track is 3 hours minimum away.

1973Swinger, I'm pretty sure my 4 door Gran Prix GTP could have taken him to. Most rice burners around here don't stand a chance against 12 second Demons. (At least that's what I built it to run). Some day I will get to a track and find out for sure.

Jack

340srule, I would love to take it to the local track and beat on it. The only problem is, the local track is 3 hours minimum away.

Whoa 3 hours...i feel for you man,i can be at 2 different tracks in little over 2 hours,if you get a chance go you might be surprised what it really runs..

Whoa 3 hours...i feel for you man,i can be at 2 different tracks in little over 2 hours,if you get a chance go you might be surprised what it really runs..

I would like to be surprised. The car weighs, 3102 lbs with half a tank and a spare tire. But then again I weigh 220 lbs. (lard butt I guess) LOL. The 360 has between 425 and 450 hp. Under perfect circumstances that should get me to the 11's, but we all know, nothing is ever perfect. LOL

The worst thing about the track being over 3 hours away is, I have to trailer it. I don't want to be stuck there if I break something.

Jack

I certainly wasn't criticizing you Jack, I'm sure I would have done it too, just commenting on how the world has changed. We used to race all the time when we were younger, I don't remember anyone even crashing let alone getting killed. Kids today are getting killed consistantly racing, hence the over reaction by the authorities I suppose.

at least he did some racing!
sometimes it not about who or what you race it's about freedom
to not be afraid of your goverment and laws, and the
pure pleasure of doing something to feel alive.
real men do, sometimes take a chance.

if you want to build your machine to live on a track- so be it.
mine is built for pleasure,my pleasure.

I would like to be surprised. The car weighs, 3102 lbs with half a tank and a spare tire. But then again I weigh 220 lbs. (lard butt I guess) LOL. The 360 has between 425 and 450 hp. Under perfect circumstances that should get me to the 11's, but we all know, nothing is ever perfect. LOL

The worst thing about the track being over 3 hours away is, I have to trailer it. I don't want to be stuck there if I break something.

Jack

wow,3102 thats 30lbs lighter then my duster,i'm putting out a dynoed 520 h.p and run 11.0's,that 10 second slip should be coming soon with the cooler air,and i never go to the track without my trailer either!!

Just read in the local paper that both Riverside and San Bernardino counties (SoCal) will crush your car if you're caught street racing. Oh, the good ol' times on Whittier Blvd. in the late '60s....

Freedom means very little in prison. In Washington if you race someone and the other person crashes and dies they go after you for manslaughter.

Chuck

Jeeeminy! Crushing cars, putting people in prison! Maybe you guys should move to South Dakota. I read in the paper a couple of days ago where a woman in Mitchell had to plead NOT guilty to "..ingesting a substance other than alcohol.." I didn't even know that it's illegal to ingest things besides alcohol! :dontknow: The laws change so fast! I guess I'd better stock up on beer. :drinkers: I hope it wasn't a typo!

:burnout:

Yeah I think it was ok Jack! Sometimes you get idiots you have to put in their place. I just show 'em a little, then let off the gas.

I think a lot of them just want a show of power from you, thats it. I hope they're not that dumb they think they can actually beat you.lol.

I had to wait like two days to read this post!
The site is back up and life is good again.

Being old and of sound judgment, I’m certain you wouldn’t have done this if the traffic wasn’t clear .
Doesn’t sound like much of race anyway.
In Washington you get charged if the other person dies?
That’s goofy.
He drives badly and you go to prison.
Yeah, that makes sense.
What if you just are going to get to 55 mph really, really fast?
If the tires don’t break loose and you let of the gas at the speed limit?
Is that still racing?
I’m sure it is if the anal cop says so.

What if you just are going to get to 55 mph really, really fast?
If the tires don’t break loose and you let of the gas at the speed limit?
Is that still racing?
I’m sure it is if the anal cop says so.

The second ticket I ever got (in 1975 with a stock 273 2 bbl. with dual exhausts) was for "Exhibition driving, Show of acceleration."

-
Back