I have a couple questions need some help

-

scamp72

Reaction score
I got my motor out of the machine shop a week ago. It is a 360 long block.
I noticed the oil tab was not put back on it . The oil tabe behind the cam chain gear. What is its purpose? Does it wipe oil off the chain? Does it need to be on there? I am new to mopars. The other wuestion is i have the felprogasket set. It has like 4 intake gaskets in it 2 are normal material intake gaskets the other 2 are metal with dowel locating pins? I would not think the metal ones would be used in conjustion with the intake gaskets would they? Help me out please.

The tab aims oil drops onto the timing chain. A lot of times the shops "forget" them, or more precisely, where they go, and leave the off. With all the oil being whipped around, I dont think you really need it, but it should have been put back. Also, some cam retainer plates either left out one of the top bolts, or ran a drilled bolt in the upper right (pass side) position to do the same job.

In the gasket set, there are 2 sets. One is for 318s, they are a smaller port steel stamped gasket, with the overhang to keep the gasket aligned while you tighten the manifold down. The second set is for 340/360 intake ports. They are bigger, and are a fiber print-o-seal type. Teh same cork end seals are used with both, and there may be a small packet of soft plastic retainers to use with the 340/360 set that also retains the gaskets while torquing.

-
Back