I have a question about this shotgun please.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have this 20ga J. C. Higgins sold by Sears Roebuck & Co, bolt action with a choke.
It is a model 583.25

I don't care about shooting it (though I have) and don't care about keeping it.
Can't really ship it without doing it through my State laws and the laws of the recieving state, so by then I think it might not be worth buying after two legitimate dealers were involved.

Craigslist would have a cow about it, so that's out.

Any suggestions, or estimates of worth?

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 233
Sorry no idea of worth. In this area, there is still a local little free paper called "The Nickel's Worth" and they still accept firearms ads

Don't get me started on the morons like CL who won't allow fireams sales, but do allow ho's of both sexes to openly advertise.

Sorry no idea of worth. In this area, there is still a local little free paper called "The Nickel's Worth" and they still accept firearms ads

Don't get me started on the morons like CL who won't allow fireams sales, but do allow ho's of both sexes to openly advertise.

After I asked I thought DUH!, you have internet access right in front of you dipshit.
It's worth about 90-100 so I was probably right about it costing more to deal with it than it is worth.

Yea, now that you mention it that is an odd set of priorities that craigslist has goin there.
Speaks to how much family values have changed doesn't it?
You don't have to prove you're 18 to use it or anything.

Try auction arms.com or gunbroker.com if you want to sell yourself online - need to have a FFL holder ship it to a FFL holder.

Easier to take it to a local gun shop or gun show and see what they'll give you for it.

Did the Arizona Republic stop taking gun ads?

Try auction arms.com or gunbroker.com if you want to sell yourself online - need to have a FFL holder ship it to a FFL holder.

Easier to take it to a local gun shop or gun show and see what they'll give you for it.

Did the Arizona Republic stop taking gun ads?

I don't know, as I thought I would ask you guys first.
I'll probably just take it to the local gun shop (that is what I was thinking at first anyway.

I have another odd one I'll probably be getting rid of at the same time unless one of you local guys is interested.
I don't know much about it, but I do know it has been re barreled to 300 Savage a long time ago.
I'm 57 and I was shooting this thing when I was 10 years old.
It has markings on the breach that is a half moon and writing in Iraqi or Russian it looks like maybe.

I take that back.
It looks like a crown that you can barely see and FAEIJ*** DE ARMS on it and 1909 (the *** means I can't make out the letters)
I have posted a picture here before but no one knew what it was.

I even have a few boxes of rounds for it.

I don't hunt, anymore, but certainly am in no hurry to get rid of arms. I have my Dad's old 20 gauge Winchester pump, my old 30-30 which I paid all of 75 bucks for (and bought it by the way, out of that same Nickel's Worth in the late 70's) and a couple of 22's

My Ruger 10-22 is a mess, having suffered rust damage during my little house fire years ago.

Armslist is like cragslist but for guns .

It's not an auction site and is free.

There should be a listing for your locality so you could find a buyer local to you

Armslist is like cragslist but for guns .

It's not an auction site and is free.

There should be a listing for your locality so you could find a buyer local to you

Thanks, I'll check it out.

JC Higgins was made by either Savage or Stevens. They are fine guns. I have a JC Higgins 12 ga double barrel coach gun. Somebody cut the barrels down. I wish they had not. I have been looking for some un cut barrels for a long time now to no avail. The Higgins, Savage and Stevens stuff ain't worth a mint, but they are good, reliable guns and all were American made, so they are certainly not worthless.

It looks like a crown that you can barely see and FAEIJ*** DE ARMS on it and 1909 (the *** means I can't make out the letters)
I have posted a picture here before but no one knew what it was.

I even have a few boxes of rounds for it.

Post a pic again...I've got a couple of buddies who may be able to suss it out.

You can go to an FFL dealer and ask. Most are happy to ship a gun to its new owner and are well versed in the laws surrounding gun sales. The going rate around here to receive a gun through the FFL dealer is $20.

Also, unless the law changes regarding facebook arms sales (it might be disallowed at some point), facebook is a great place to look to move or trade it. You can find a group that covers your county or State, and find a deal locally and not have to involve a FFL.

-
Back